DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this site only, I cannot get the text to wrap around so it is all on the screen. Is there a way to do it as it is rather annoying and it wasn't like this last week.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Has it really changed? I still works for me as always.

There is one long-standing issue which I assume will never be fixed: if someone posts an excessively large image, it is not automatically resized for display (as it is in every other forum that I've seen, including ones run on the same vBulletin software). That forces the page to be as wide as the image, so any text doesn't wrap until it reaches the width of the image. This prevents proper text wrapping for the entire page, if there is an excessively wide image anywhere on the page. So this page should wrap fine (with a reasonable minimum width), but many discussions are very wide and hard to read.

I'm using Chrome; if you're using another browser you may have found a problem which is browser-dependent.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
knowing what device and browser you're using might help us replicate it.

Lee

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The large picture i posted caused the text of Brian's and your OP to unwrap.

i can delete it if you want to see if wrapping returns.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
On this site only, I cannot get the text to wrap around so it is all on the screen. Is there a way to do it as it is rather annoying and it wasn't like this last week.
Just so I make sure I understand what we want to implement, can you post a example from a site where you see things properly? Sorry if I'm being thick

Kevin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just so I make sure I understand what we want to implement, can you post a example from a site where you see things properly? Sorry if I'm being thick

Kevin

Yes, it appears that the large pics defeat the wraparound. I thought there used to be a max picture size in the past or if not, some type of automatic size reduction might be good as people will not necessarily recognize the problem for what it is.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Hello there,

I see the issue now.
This is happening because there isn't a limit set on the length and width on the images in the backend.
If we get this changed, it should solve this issue.
Let us know the dimensions that you all want and I'll get this setup.

Ed

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Hello there,

Made some changes with the dimensions.
Let me know if this is still an issue.

Ed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts