Sat morning I took a break from the engine removal. It seems to be coming along nicely, but what do I know. You can see the progress on the webcam http://maceyev.blogsite.org/img/main_fs.htm
. I'm at a point where care seems to be in order. Until now, I won't need what I'm removing. When I remove the engine the transmission will come out and I'll need that.
So instead of working on the engine, Saturday I disconnected the exhaust from the chassis. It's still one long (10 ft) pipe. There appear to be sections, but I can't see how to disconnect them. It's above a major crossbar that I'd rather not fool with (less the entire car collapse on me). I may just take a hacksaw to the exhaust.
Tonight I'm back to the engine.
I also got a message from my pals at Electo Automotive that lots of stuff has shipped (adaptor, motor mounts, weather stripping), but not the motor or controller. So the pressure is mounting.