DIY Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I ended up buying both a Tesla gen 1 iBooster and Honda gen 2 iBooster. If anyone needs any measurements let me know.

The Honda unit came with the same large connector 192840576, but a different connector on the pedal travel sensor. Also the Honda does not have a wire on pin 17 (12v).

The reservoir fittings are compatible, with slightly different retaining styles, but can be swapped.

The master cylinders have different mounts, and the pushrod ends have different mounting pattern and pushrod lengths.

I was able to wire up the Honda gen 2 unit and get assist. I have the pedal travel sensor connector for that and the wire colors matched with the large connector too which was nice.

However I cannot get assist with the Tesla gen 1 unit (which is the one I want to use). When I apply 12v to pin 20 on the large connector I hear the unit activate and slightly push on the master side (you can both hear and feel it), but there is no assist when pushing on the pushrod. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

I have wired it like this (LC=Large Connector)

LC1 --- 12v
LC2 --- pedal travel sensor pin 1
LC8 --- pedal travel sensor pin 3
LC9 --- ground
LC17 --- 12v
LC20 --- 12v/IGN
LC22 --- pedal travel sensor pin 2
LC23 --- pedal travel sensor pin 4

tia,
charles
p.s. if anyone bought any bulk terminals and has some to spare i'm interested in buying some.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry, I missed your additional question on dimensions. Thanks for sharing the insights on the Honda vs Tesla differences.
I have a 1037123-00-B (so Gen2) wired in exact the same way and it works. Gen1 should be identical.
However, at first it did not work either and I found out the wiring loom that came with the iBooster had a connection issue between the travel sensor and the ECU. After replacing that faulty wire it worked. So perhaps do a continuity test.

I have sourced all parts needed to integrate the iBooster in a loom and will be selling connector kits with crimp pins, connectors, seals and blind plugs soon.
Did not buy the terminals in bulk though (then you need to purchase 1600 pcs) so do not have any spare/loose terminals I can sell.
IMG_5565.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it must be related to the pedal travel sensor too, since it powers up ok, so will do a continuity test - great idea, thanks.

I might be using the wrong terminology for the gen1/gen2 - sorry. I have two styles

1. Square aluminum body from a 2015 Tesla Model S 70D #1037123-00-A
2. The lighter stamped metal one looking more like a traditional booster from a 2018 Honda Accord #46000-TVA-A060-M1 (looks the same on a Tesla Model 3)

I'm interested in a kit, but I think you'll find most people will want duplicate/triplicate counts on the terminals - both as insurance against bad crimps, but also to make a test harness and a final one for the car.

I apologize in advance if we are hijacking your thread DrJeff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boy I feel dumb - i was looking at the small connector upside down so I had the pins reversed. Works great.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction Lars.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts