DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up at five stoked about beginning the project. At six I started removing the interior. By seven I had it all out. Three seats two side pannels and floor matting. Not much too it. I didn't break any of those plastic blind connectors in the side panels. I put the seat hardware in zip bags and labeled them. I learned that from a friend that restored vintage Corvetts. I invited Duke, my friend and fellow Disel Mercedes owner over to help remove some of the unnessary components from the car. We removed the coolant, radiator, and hoses. The ar filter, preheat and intake pipes.We unplugged all the connecting wires from thr ICE. I pulled off the fuei lines and heater hoses while Duke removed the starter and throttle cable. Duke began removing the bolts holding the engine to the transaxel. I crawled under to disconnect the exaust. I found the nuts seized, so I slid out and grabed the turbo torch to heat the nuts. I lit the torch and applied the flame to the first nut and I saw Duke leave the garage. When it turned red I turned the torch off, put a six point socket over it and quickly and easily removed it. I went outside to see what was up with Duke. He left because he was woried the car might explode. I reassured him that the pan was full of oil and it would absorb any residual heat. "Just what I was afraid of!" he said.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top