DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've come across this Clark forklift within 100 miles of where I live. Seller says he thinks it's a 3000 pound fork lift. I'm wondering what size drive motor I can expect to find. He is not going to be key on my taking it apart to see whats in it before I buy it.

https://fayar.craigslist.org/grd/d/farmington-used-clark-electric-fork/7054856092.html

Any thoughts from those who have dissected one of these before??

Thanks,

Bobby

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
A working forklift with only 4 year old batteries, needing some hydraulic work is worth a hell of a lot more than $750.

Hard to say whether it's an AC or DC truck.

You'll probably find a 9" motor inside, but, only way to know for sure is to see what it's got.

The nameplate says "FC" maybe, but otherwise can't tell what model it is, nor what year, etc.

Are they pulling the motor or are you pulling the motor?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm planning on buying the whole shooting match but, the guy selling it doesn't really know anything about it.

I hadn't even considered the possibility that it would be an AC unit.

really can't make out much from the badge.

·
Administrator
6,120 Posts
Hi
The battery will be worth a few hundred in scrap - more if it's still good
The forks and mast are worth something as well - farmers here bolt them onto the back of a tractor
There are a lot of good bits on a forklift - and the scrap metal is also worth a bit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have posted a followup on this one - I drove two hours to take a look at this lift and see if I could get a better shot at the data plate.

Turns out the lift didn't exist! I'm not sure what kind of scam this guy was running but there was no forklift to be had.

I think I've found someone selling a drive motor at a reasonable price but, of course, it wont come with a charger, controller, or extra seat for my tractor.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ugh. Did you call before you drove out?

What was their explanation when you showed up and there was no item to be sold?

Did they attempt to abduct you and sell your kidneys?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just quit answering texts and took the ad down .. . .

I did call the owner of the lot where the truck was supposed to be parked. I got the number off of the window while I was there. He was a bit confused and surprised.

I'm not really sure what the scam was, nobody asked me to make a down payment to hold the lift using amazon gift cards.. . .

Maybe they were watching me from across the street - Even a tertiary observation would tell them that they didn't want my kidneys :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts