DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<mild rant>

Don't know if our host or supporters are clever enough to do something about it, but I thought I'd simply say how annoying the EV news is (and please don't think I'm ungrateful - this is still better than any alternative I know of for getting a quick roundup of EV news).

First you have to click the article link, which tells you zero more than the title. Then you have to click ITS article link, which opens a new tab with a smidgeon of the article and a lot of ads. Ok I get it, TANSSAAFL. Finally you click "Read the complete article" which opens up yet ANOTHER tab to find out what it really says.

Seems like there would be a better way. Yes, I get that without the first step there is no forum for discussion of the article - but given that 98% are never discussed, I don't see that as much of a loss.

</mild rant>

:D

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
I must say that I find the 'Ebay related auctions' forum a bit pointless as some days as there can be so many Ebay ads for gold coloured 12v car horns that it might as well be considered spam along with the running shoes.:D

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe - how annoying that we haven't yet developed bots that get us exactly the news we want!

Someone will probably get government funding to study the "problem," though...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Agree on both accounts with the annoying factor. To me it would be great if both the eBay "EV" posts and news feeds were collected on some sub forum thread that doesn't set the "New Posts" bit. That way I can click on new posts and not see them but they'll be there if I'm ever curious to go look.

JR

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
Funny how differently people use forums.

I don't bother with setting to show all new posts. I just scan through the home page looking for any threads dated today before looking in that forum to see what is new. That means I wouldn't even click on the Classified or Ebay forums. I only click on the news if something new catches my eye.

However, now I trawl through all the boards looking for spam every time I log on before I do anything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts