DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I am at the testing stage of the controller and i have a small issue with the throttle potientomer. I have got a poteniometer from a golf cart that seems to work fine. When i check the output of the PWM it only works in a small range of the potienimeter . Do i need to change the resistor in the logic board to make the range better?

Cheers Barry :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bJpiGo6jdfPJGegT8

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Without having to dig into any previous threads you wrote, maybe you can share "What controller" you're using?

This is a general forum for all controllers, not a specific one, so new threads likely need some reference point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about that. I am making one of Damian's DC controllers. From his github site.

If you need any other info let me know.

Cheers Barry

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
That's good info.

What is the resistance value of the potentiometer you're using?

Does it match the value required by Damian's controller?

i.e. is it a 10k throttle, but the controller expects 5k?

How many wires go into damian's controller?

Was it a cheap chinese potbox? I had one that was wired really weird and did not work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya,

It asks for a three wire pot. I have a 5 k one from a golf cart and i have a 100k from a mobility scooter. I will try and find out what size the controller is set up for .

Thanks Barry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiya,

Think i have the answer, should be a hall effect pedal and not a throttle pot. Will get one and see what happens.

Cheers Barry

·
Registered
2,229 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey, nice. Looks like my LTC circuit design.

Succes story number 2. And I haven't even started my build yet.

Yeah, it's all hardware, so you have to tweak part values to get it to work properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts