DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question would have been asked before but i can't for the life of me find the thread.

i was looking into thundersky batteries mainly because there one of the cheapest lithium going around, and the seem to be good quality. with a long life 3000 cycles (10ish years) with a high max current discharge at 20c.

however there seems to be rumors going around that they aren't all that there cracked up to be.:confused:

i was hoping to find out from users of the batteries.

can they withstand 20c discharge?

how long would they last a 10c?
I'm going to use a controller that goes up to 1600amps max and i want 160ah, will they able to put out 1600amps for at least 10 seconds?

do they perform fine at the recommended 3c continues discharge?

according to the stat sheet they should be able to do all this with ease but i wanted to know if anyone out there using thundersky batteries had any independent data.

any help would be greatly appreciated:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks for the info, it looks as though thundersky batteries should be able to handle anything i can through at them.

i don't think that i'll take them past 5c very often, i don't think it would be good for the batteries or my own longevity :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.