DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of converting my B2200 EV to a tilt bed anyone know of a good thread where this was discussed on here or elsewhere?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow impressive documentation of your build:D!
Where did you get those batteries are there more?
Did you ever get your regen working? I know I should read the whole thread...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I just untilted my bed. Not saying this is the wrong way to do it, just wanted to give you another idea and it's benefits. The only drawback is some of the bed will be used by a battery box protruding through the bed and there will have to be a raised box made into the bed for access.

I'm in the middle of converting mine to lithium. A friend suggested if we did this we could do it with one large battery box. At first I was hesitant but after thinking about it I liked the idea. It is going to have a light weight aluminum top I can lift off. All the batteries will be in one place so no heavy cables needed from box to box. The batteries will be higher up which is easier to get to for me as I have a bad back.

In my case I have a diesel to rely on if I need to use the bed for bulky items or I can haul a trailer since I'm losing so much weight in the conversion. I'm posting photos as I progress. Monday I'm aiming to install the bottom of the new box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts