DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Made some really good progress last night into the wee hours - also got the latest code uplaoded!

0624212250_HDR.jpg

In other news I order a pedal and got this one by mistake by an ebay seller - got a refund and a free new pedal but I can't find the pin out on it. If anybody know it that would awesome!
0624212212a_HDR.jpg 0624212212_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts

Someone told me that is is a redundant potentiometer, so this might be the answer.

On th other Hand, I also found this in the net (which probably is from another type of pedal, since there are pins # 7 and 8):

And finally here ist the (HELLA!)- pedal in my car (based on a Th!nk from Norway):

Please note that in this original wiring diagram there is one pin missing (cannot tell which one: #1 or #6), which needs to be connected to ground. The connections # 52, 7, 45, and 30 are at the controller.

Hope this does help.
Markus

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I've been playing with the idea of just locking the diff and putting a clutch on each side of it but I can't seem to find a stand alone clutch. That or my google skills are lacking. I looked at electronic clutches but that is not really what I need as I need it to ease in and out not just lock. I was debating of taking a regular clutch and the fabricating a housing and the clutch inside with an output and input. It shouldn't be too hard would just be a little pricy to get cnc'ed. I also thought about just getting two manual transmission cutting them up but that seems like to much a hack job for what I need.

If anyone know anything that would be amazing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
So I've been playing with the idea of just locking the diff and putting a clutch on each side of it but I can't seem to find a stand alone clutch. That or my google skills are lacking. I looked at electronic clutches but that is not really what I need as I need it to ease in and out not just lock. I was debating of taking a regular clutch and the fabricating a housing and the clutch inside with an output and input. It shouldn't be too hard would just be a little pricy to get cnc'ed. I also thought about just getting two manual transmission cutting them up but that seems like to much a hack job for what I need.

If anyone know anything that would be amazing!
That's why it might make sense to go with 2 motors! lol You'll pay one way or another. That said, I'd go with the manual transmission route, since you are clearly good at fabrication.
Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
That's why it might make sense to go with 2 motors! lol You'll pay one way or another. That said, I'd go with the manual transmission route, since you are clearly good at fabrication.
Bill
Yeah I've been playing with a ton of ideas with this guy as I work on it and how to save space in the actual tank and make it comfy for 4 people. My latest "idea" is have have the motor run a hydraulic pump system and run a articulated trailer in that it will hold the HV batteries and extra storage. I like this idea, as it makes running each track, turret, trailer all off a couple pumps. The only thing I'd be worried about is speed. I'm only shooting for 25mph but I'm not sure a hydraulic pump can reach that.
It will also add a level of safety if there is ever an issue with the HV battery when you stuck inside the tank. I got the idea after stumbling across a bunch of articulated tracked utv's. That or actually just run the GS450H motor in the trailer and a driveshaft through the articulation and an open diff brake system. Still plenty of time to figure it out but it's def been a blast learning all this stuff
The-articulated-coupling-is-the-one-of-the-basic-features-of-BRONCO-3-1024x682.jpg
bronco_new_gen.jpg

21 - 30 of 30 Posts