DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for another AC-35 and two Curtis 144volt inverters for the AC-35 motors. Planning on running them stacked in my VW. I will have two Warp9 Motors and one Zilla 1K HV controller for sale or trade. Was going to do a Hot Rod Drag Buggy but might just use my Bug and the two motors for some track fun as well as street fun. I may have a GE 9" Motor with built in Adapter for VW and a Used Synkromotive Controller for sale as well. Just culling the herd a bit. Have a 67 Bug for sale as well. Im keeping my 62 Bug Roadster and 67 Panel Bus. That will get my AC-50 motor. The Curtis controllers need to be setup for the AC-35 as I will be using them in master/slave mode. Mucho Power for my Bug. I also have a 75 Porsche 914 with the VoltsPorsche AC-24 kit that works. I have all the components for the vehicle and all the books and such and would be willing to trade for an AC-35 and two matching 144volt controllers. Lots to work with for those that want a build. The Porsche has all the proper software to have a functioning vehicle. Not a screamer but it does run. No batteries but suggest that you use LiFePO4 cells and it is setup as a 144 volt system. Could be bumped to over 200 volts if you wanted. Until I get the parts I need these will be up for sale or trade.

Message me. Im keeping my dual motor adapter for the AC-35 motors. I think two Warp9 Motors would be too heavy. All are in good condition.

Go to my details page and start a conversation with me. I'll send email information from there if you need more info. I'll have pics available too upon request.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d let it go for $600. It is an original Bradley GT E motor with the original name plate it is a beast and needs an external blower to keep it cool. I’d recommend you find a bay window bus heater blower and pipe in the cooling air from that. My blower has two speeds. Do you need a lightened flywheel?

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I don’t know about shipping but I have done a couple motets in the past and they were around $200. Approx weight with pallet I used 150 lbs. weight is like the Warp9 motor. Find that weight and add in 15 pounds or so for the pallet then a little extra for good measure. I tell people to get their own shipper and I’ll get it wrapped on the pallet. I do not have a forklift so the truck would need a lift gate. At this point I’m home after 6pm and home on sat and Sunday for weekend pickups or early evening during the week. Let me know about pickup schedule.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can you send some pictures of it in a create and give me the weight and dimensions of the create? I need to create a listing on Uship

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well.... strap it really tight to a pallet and take several good photos so I can get a quote

·
Registered
249 Posts
Also,

Can you please send me Video of it running real good?? I want to here the bearings and brushes...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Any updates on the videos?

I also need Photos of the Pallet with the motor straped down to it and it weighed! I need to get a quote from Uship!

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get that all for you. It may be a couple more days because Im very busy right at the very moment but I will get it done. Wanted to ask about controllers. I see you are after a P&S controller. Does it have to be one of those? What amperage are you looking at running your beastie? I have a dumb controller that is a Curtis clone. It is 120 volts and I believe 400 amps. If you want it you can have it. Some one on this forum sent it to me to test for him but he fell off the map and I can't find him to sent it back. That was about 4 or so years ago. So at this time I have no need for the controller and it does work. It will need a heat sink. It is not a configurable controller.

Pete :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes !!
That would be very very helpful to be able to use the controller!

I still want another PandS controller though if you know who has one... I have one now and love it! Awsome piece of equipment!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes when you get a chance just send the pictures and video of the motor running like you always do!! I appreciate it Pete!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why don't you use your Kaylor Motor in the Buggy? With this controller and the motor setup like I am showing you could get the buggy to scoot along nicely. At 96 volts or less the motor will do very well. These motors are rated at 12000 rpm. Typically used at 8000 or less rpm. I saw a street buggy with one of these with a basic single speed on off 72 volt battery pack and that sucker moved quite nicely. With a modern controller you can see it should do quite well.
P&S Controllers are good. No, I know of no one who even owns one let along wanting to sell one. Sorry.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I got two machines now...

The buggy was disassembled to use the 9 inch GE motor on a Suzuki Samurai project. At one point I was going to abandon the VW buggy but I decided I got so much stuff like that Kaylor settup and that big aircraft generator why not slap it on and have two machines. They are both for off road use. I have a tract of land where I’m thinking of keeping them in a storage container. again they are for riding in the woods!

The buggy has a bench seat like a golf cart the batteries go under the seat!

The issue I am trying to really wrestle with is batteries!!! Another thing I specially want to stay under 60 volts! No I don’t want to go higher.. no. I am trying to figure what batteries to use AGM??? Leaf modules??? LifePO4?? Just can’t swallow the cost of this stuff especially the batteries..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts