DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is very intriguing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought 3000 was the cost of the conversion to the consumer.

I suspect the subsidy is at least double or triple that amount.
Starting at 9:52 in the video he asks him about price and the man answers that the price is around 5,000 Euros after subsidies and around 7-8k Euros before subsidies.

Sounds perhaps a little bit too good to good to be true, but that's what he said.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the price is around 5,000 Euros after subsidies and around 7-8k Euros before subsidies.
I contacted them halfway 2020 to ask about a kit for my VW Polo. What you said is correct.
At that time they said they used lead-acid, which makes the kit cost less when mass produced.
I'm guessing/hoping they've switched to a different battery type by now.

They also told me I would be able to trailer my car to France, do the conversion and drive back the same day.
But since they now say they build the kits and ship them to a local workshop I guess that doesn't apply anymore.
It's a way better solution in my opinion to ship some smaller pallets this way than to travel with 2 cars to pick it up.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
It's roughly the battery capacity, and therefore the range, of a plug-in hybrid... but without the engine. That makes sense (for cost, weight, etc) and would work for many people, but I think at that range the inability to start an engine for more range occasionally would make it undesirable for most people. I would only tolerate 100 km range - and that only under ideal conditions - for a special interest application, rather than an ordinary econobox. I came to this forum with the intention of converting our Triumph Spitfire, and even for that car used only for fun drives on sunny days 100 km range was just too limiting (given our current home location).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts