DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sevcon gen 4 80v/350a controller . part number #634A83310 . Some freinds(car guy's) are holding some Leaf motors for me . I want to order a wiring harness from thunderstruck , but I do not have the encoder to resolver thing figured out . I will pay some one to and or order and set up my controller to the leaf motor . The Sevcon will need to be programed to work . Or if the controller can be made to work with no controller encoder , I am fine with that . Yes , I will pay for shipping both ways and for parts . And yes , I will pay you too . P.M me if you can make it work . I was told $650.00 to repair the DC motor . If I could spend that to get the Sevcon an Leaf motor working ...I would be happy to do that . And yes , I will be using another Leaf motor an controller on the car later . They can not hold the motors for me for ever so let me know soon . Or I will just sell the Sevcon and stay DC .

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Dude, (aka epyon, isn't it?), that's a 360V motor and an 80V controller. Even if you get it tuned perfectly, about 25hp max.

What happened to your DC motor?

major

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Still have it , I just want another system for another car I have . The next one will be super lite . People use Warp 9 motors all the time and they don't use the max voltage .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got 110 more pounds of metal off the car . Some body got the car I wanted before I could give him the money(being cheap) . I would not mind the low power for now . Just driving at 35 mph and only 6 miles should be more then what's needed at that power level . If some one has a controller I can buy to run a Leaf motor , I'm game . The Leaf motor is 6 pole . So controlling it should not be that hard for someone here . Just need up to 3200 rpm from it now . Or someone could just buy the Sevcon Gen 4 from me for $200.00 , less then I paid .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back e-mail and I am done . I'm sellling the Sevcon gen 4 for $200.00 . I will stick with dc now .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts