DIY Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was told if these regulations come in, vehicles with a battery voltage under 48V are likely to be exempt. I guess a heavy quad could fall into this category.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have imported a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid car in to UK. Now DVLA is asking for document to prove ECE R100.01. Do you have any ideas how to get one. Contacted Hyundai still waiting on response.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have an update i am closer to finishing now so looking at certification, so contacted MIRA and have had it confirmed a certifiacte of compliance with R100.01 will cost around £5K i and have been given a provisional form to fill then a phone call which has obviously moved on since i contacted them before - not sure I'm really ready yet but it seem a more formal process is in place.

A few things i'm not really sure i understand - one question they ask is if the DC and AC bus are galvanically isolated - im note sure i know what that means firstly im assuming the ac bus is the 3 phase high voltage cables connected from the curtis controller to my AC motor i assume these are galvanically isolated from the HV DC supply inside the controllers - does anyone know if this is correct. ??

Thanks for input as always

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Mike, i have an off board charger my plan is to charge up drive around a bit and come home so the house AC and car DC are connected through the elcon charger off board via DC HV lead - there is a Can connection and a contactor in the charging box controlled from BMS so the BMS controls the charging current and voltage and can disconnect the charge current using the contactor.

So is the AC and DC galvanically isolated through the charger i assume so due to induction isolation that i assume occurs ? and the House ac earth and the chassis earth are not connected as there is no AC connected to the car so it is not earthed. This only relevant as the R100.01 talks about insulation resistance with an alarm set for 100ohms/volt so 14.4 Kohm for galvanically isolated and 300ohm/volt for non isolated so 45Kohm - i am just about to purchase an insulation testing board from Bender that needs the insulation resistance value that will trigger an alarm to be factory set so wanted to know what to set this at- Mike what do you do for your conversions and IVA ??

Jon

21 - 25 of 25 Posts