DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow free thinkers! Hahaha I am hooked on electric cars because they are pretty much UFOs built for the road or something and like learning about electric cars. So I bought the most affordable project I could find locally on Craigslist. It just needs new batteries so I bought some LG chem cells! They are from a 2015 Chrysler Pacifica hybrid. Guess they are pretty nice cells from all the videos I have been watching on ev West's BMW. Got 8 batteries and now I am trying to figure out the best way to get them hooked up. Sweeeet!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok guess it's time to get a soldering setup. Maybe my dad has one. You guys got any recommendations on what works best? Also looking for ideas on a bms that would work good with my zivan NG3. Still trying to get a hold of elcon to get it reprogrammed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Soldering stations are like cell choice. If your competent with an iron you can use anything, my father used a weller and only after his retirement did I find out it was because he could steal tips from work and had a huge selection. I had a metcal in the U.K. when I was repairing stereos and car electronics (12v, nothing like what I’m doing now) and I recently got an iron and have the ersa I-con nano and I really like it, there are a lot of clones of good stations that will probably give you mixed results, the ersa had a grounded tip so it swayed me with that feature.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.