DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha all,

My name is Jim Berry, I own and operate Ethos Electric Vehicles on Maui ( www.ethoselectricvehicles.com ) One of the big obstacles electric vehicle builder / converters face is the high cost of quality components. One way we get around this is by making bulk purchases of components. On November 22 we are going to make another bulk purchase of motors/controllers/DC converters from UQM technologies ( www.uqm.com ). We are able to purchase the Hi-Tor system (50 kw motor/controller) for $12,502.00 and the Power Phase 150 (150 kw motor/controller) for $17,162.00 with a purchase amount of 60 units each and a shipping cost to you of no more than $100 within the continental US. In order to keep everything plug and play we will also be ordering the DC12-120L 1.5kw DC converter for $2000.00 if 60 units are ordered. If any of you are interested please contact me either directly through my email [email protected] or through here.

We will also soon be purchasing loose cells from molicell in Canada specifically the IBR 267600 http://www.molicel.com/hq/download/DM/DM_IBR26700A.pdf let me know what your interest and commmitment level is.

Mahalo,

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jim,

I'm looking at acquiring some loose cells from molicell. Can you please share how you were able to purchase them?

Many thanks!

Ryan

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Aloha all,

My name is Jim Berry, I own and operate Ethos Electric Vehicles on Maui ( www.ethoselectricvehicles.com ) One of the big obstacles electric vehicle builder / converters face is the high cost of quality components. One way we get around this is by making bulk purchases of components. On November 22 we are going to make another bulk purchase of motors/controllers/DC converters from UQM technologies ( www.uqm.com ). We are able to purchase the Hi-Tor system (50 kw motor/controller) for $12,502.00 and the Power Phase 150 (150 kw motor/controller) for $17,162.00 with a purchase amount of 60 units each and a shipping cost to you of no more than $100 within the continental US. In order to keep everything plug and play we will also be ordering the DC12-120L 1.5kw DC converter for $2000.00 if 60 units are ordered. If any of you are interested please contact me either directly through my email [email protected] or through here.

We will also soon be purchasing loose cells from molicell in Canada specifically the IBR 267600 http://www.molicel.com/hq/download/DM/DM_IBR26700A.pdf let me know what your interest and commmitment level is.

Mahalo,

Jim
17K$ for 150kw & 600nm motor+inverter is a pretty good deal for a matched pair of components form a company like UQM...

Anyone who is also looking at Remy or Evo motors and Rinehart or Wavesculptor inverters should look into this deal...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ryan, I was able to acquire the cells because I have done quite a bit of work with them through a bms manufacturer down the road. I am currently trying to decide if I want to use them or A123 for our latest endeavor. I will be asking the group for an assload of help on this next one.

Hi Jim,

I'm looking at acquiring some loose cells from molicell. Can you please share how you were able to purchase them?

Many thanks!

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts