DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

There are two PP135's for sale online. Both have the inverter. They both have their three phase wires from inverter to motor CUT! The seller claims that they can be spliced together or even shortened.

Questions:
1). Can you splice the cut wires and/or shorten these wires?
2). Can the EVTV Gevcu be used to control these motors or will it only work on the old Coda PP100's?

Thank you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good day all,

There are two PP135's for sale online. Both have the inverter. They both have their three phase wires from inverter to motor CUT! The seller claims that they can be spliced together or even shortened.

Questions:
1). Can you splice the cut wires and/or shorten these wires?
2). Can the EVTV Gevcu be used to control these motors or will it only work on the old Coda PP100's?

Thank you.
1. Shortening would be OK if you still somehow had enough length. I would be somewhat leery of splicing wires that carry high amounts of power but I suppose it can be done. You must really trust your splicing when you're dealing with this sort of power level. Any little extra resistance becomes a big deal in a hurry.

2. It *can* be used but only if you write the driver for it. The driver that already exists is for the Coda PP100 which is completely different from the stock UQM inverters. I think at one point someone was going to write a driver for the stock one - that someone might have been been me. But, nobody ever did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts