DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Voltage to Ah Relationship Question

4960 6
Assuming a vehicle is driven the same for both examples, I was curious about something...

Would each battery pack described below provide the same running time (again, given that both scenario's are run exactly the same way):

1) X Volts @ Y Ah
2) X*2 Volts @ Y/2 Ah

I understand the significant performance differences between the two, just looking to compare two exact same driving scenarios and see if I understand the situation.

Oz
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Assuming a vehicle is driven the same for both examples, I was curious about something...

Would each battery pack described below provide the same running time (again, given that both scenario's are run exactly the same way):

1) X Volts @ Y Ah
2) X*2 Volts @ Y/2 Ah

I understand the significant performance differences between the two, just looking to compare two exact same driving scenarios and see if I understand the situation.

Oz
this is a hard question.
their prices are the same.
but running time is not neccessary the same.
it depends on the specification of the motor,how many Amp of continuous and peak discharge current.double the voltage can not double the driving distance,personally i think.how many voltage of battery pack you should use depends on the motor.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.