DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
This is what happens if you get too much education without spending some time out in the shop. Academic disorientation. Take a little break from school, and do a simple dc conversion and learn how to wrench, grind, and weld. The higher testosterone levels produced from this kind of activity will get you back on track.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Todd, the proposed vehicle sounds pretty unrealistic to me, but I would have to agree with you that it is possible to build. When I read about your projects, you appear to be a bit of a dreamer yourself, but I am always impressed with your skills and with your extremely artistic perspective. The world could use more builders like yourself. What I think you fail to see here, is that the chances of finding somebody who can dream this craft up, design it, AND build it are slim. You may be able to do this, but you are seeing things from the perspective of a gifted builder. I won't even get into the money side of this project, but there is probably some kind of liberal government money program that would love to fund it. I hope you and sarit never lose your ambition for this kind of stuff, and I have no plans to stand in the way. I'll check in once in a while on this build from the laptop on my welding table...

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
My hypothesis here is that his skills will not match his academic background. He may posses shop skills that are better than yours and mine combined, but from my observations of highly educated people, the testosterone break that I suggested will have a strong impact on the design of his proposed build. It may even help to identify a few things that could take a low enough priority to scratch off of the list. Maybe having it fly could be moved to a future build, and he could focus on prototyping and testing to come up with a solid 4x4 design that works well under water before taking it to the next level.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Maybe we could design a sealed environment that would allow it to be pressurized with oxygen. Then when natural disaster strikes, it could head up into orbit. Yeah, I know it's not my build... just sayin'...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.