DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year All,

A quick question to start the year with: How do I setup a Warp 11 Motor to mount on an automatic Powerglide 2 speed transmission? What do I need to do to set the torque converter to match the Warp Motor? I really doo not want to saw apart the torque converter to remove its internals. Donor car being used is a 1968 Camaro.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
4,302 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
That article says that their adapter plate is compatible with "most 9" and 11" motors." Which leads to the obvious question - is the adapter plate supplied with the PowerGlide already compatible with an 11" motor?
"Most" 9 & 11 inch motors usually means the common pattern that the big Warp motors use. I can't recall the name of the pattern right now, but am pretty sure that both the 9 & 11" Warps use the same mounting pattern, and have the same size shafts. They design logical products, which would typically mean designing them for the most popular motors. All that would take to confirm is a phone call...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks much for the replies! You guys really do work fast :)

I have been on and off today checking out the posted sites. Next question, does Warp or any other vendor you might know build a HV DC motor that operates at 440V? We are working with some experimental technology over here in the Philippines, and the system we have designed works well at higher voltages. More efficient. We have since solved the arcing problem over the commutator, and deleted the need/use of a power converter/inverter.

Thanks for your input in advance

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Thanks much for the replies! You guys really do work fast :)

I have been on and off today checking out the posted sites. Next question, does Warp or any other vendor you might know build a HV DC motor that operates at 440V? We are working with some experimental technology over here in the Philippines, and the system we have designed works well at higher voltages. More efficient. We have since solved the arcing problem over the commutator, and deleted the need/use of a power converter/inverter.

Thanks for your input in advance
Wow, not that high! IIRC, the Warp 11HV operates at 288v.

Care/able to share more about this technology?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Todd,

The inventor has spent the past 6 years developing an alternative energy source based on an extreme repelling force, and an amplified current technology. In earlier experiments showing the viability of the technology, we were able to to repel a 1 kilo sandbag up in the air over 30 feet in the air utilizing a 9 volt battery over and over again without discharging the battery. Apply that to a rotating motor 60 times over and you have a vehicle that can run for hundreds of kilometers without worry of discharge. However creating such a motor costs money to develop, and at the moment amplifying the current to use in a DC motor was a more viable cost effective solution to solve the current problem facing EV cars- range/distance of travel.
Thus far, we have been successful in operating our vehicle with common lead acid batteries. No need for expensive Lithium Ion Batteries, although they would extend the range, the purpose was to make use of what is readily available and inexpensive to make market adoption for transition to the technology faster. I would be happy to share our findings with the community, once we build the final prototype that is presentable. We are in the process of scaling down the capacitors and the coil, and final packaging of the circuit and reactor.
It hurts being on a budget, and we are trying to figure out the best solution to package the product. A shiny new 68 Camaro would be great, but performance wise we would be hampered by the sheer weight of the car. A ready made unit would be ideal, since all the peripherials would be complete. All we would have to do is install a custom HV DC motor and our system. We are striving to do both, but i'm currently trying to find a solution that is cost effective for both applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried contacting Netgain, and it would seem that the motor would definately have to be a custom job. Either that or mating 2 motors together to achieve the desired voltage.
So for now, its more phonecalls and emails on my part :)

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
I just saw a flying pig!
Propelled by a 9 volt battery that never goes dead :D
So this super efficient technology doesn't drain a 9 volt battery when launching sandbags and somehow overcomes aerodynamic drag and friction to propel a vehicle endlessly on lead acid? Does not compute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heh heh :)

Nice one! Im sure to have raised the brown B.S. flag with my last reply, so I cant really blame the comments coming in to follow. But hey, a question was asked of me and I was just being honest. However B.S. aside..... if we do have what we claim, then would'nt that be great? Everyone would benefit. The world over is trying to come up with new technology and toying with achieving over-unity. The little guys over here in the third world country, would like to be just the people to contribute to the effort of producing something different- something better and more efficient. I'll not say over much now, will just leave the speculation where it is. Thanks everyone for the help however with the info on the glide ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts