DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here looked at these or tested one out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300A-200V-7...roller-high-power-current-limit-/252952728174

The advertised current is probably not enough for a car, but plenty for smaller projects. That is, if the advertised specifications may be believed.
I am considering it for a motorcycle conversion to control the ME1003 motor. However, I cannot tell whether it would be a good purchase or if it is garbage.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm no heat sinks of any decent size. Bet that's 60 kw for 2 seconds 2kw continuous. Thats also like 50 amps a mosfets a bit on the heavy side for probably unmatched mosfets. For $250 it might be worth blowing up

Should've read the listing, not just view the picture.
The alu block is pre-drilled for heatsink....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes. A custom enclosure and heatsink would be needed. But that is not such a bad deal for someone who does not mind doing a bit of DIY.

Of course, that depends on whether the controller is worth trying out in the first place.
Seems like the basic concept is coming from the 144V 500A Paul&Sabrina controller, which has no heatsink just a thick aluminium heat spreader bolted on. As far, as I know, they did not failed often, at least not from overheating.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I plan on buying one (or two) shortly. I want to try to run them in parallel off of my own PWM circuit. It's honestly a very good price, all things considered... The 6 month warranty gives me some confidence. Worst case, I get my money back /shrug.

·
Registered
601 Posts
300A 200V 72V 96V 144V DC motor speed controller PWM…
AU $330.92
+ AU $17.26
Hi; Anyone bought one yet? Was considering a Chinese Curtis, but 144v 300A with regen is good value.?:confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I ended up going in a different direction. They say the 300 amp peak is only for 5 seconds, and they couldn't provide any more detail. It seems like a nice value for a really small project, but I don't think it will really sustain the numbers they posted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.