DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Most of us are building pure EVs. That is to say, they run on battery power instead of gas. This is done by removing the gas engine, gas tank, exhaust, etc. and replacing them with an electric motor, batteries, and control system.

I've heard of a few different variations on the Joe Cell. I don't know quite what to make of it. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I was unsure if it was actually possible to get enough electricity to power an entire vehicle without gas. There seems to be a lot of "hybrid" talk, which to me sounds like a normal car that is slightly more efficient.

Joe Cells from what I hear are quite unstable..depending on weather and so forth. Also not exactly easy for the average person to construct. But who knows, it could be promising.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well.. the fact that the man who was able to run his car on a Joe Cell had his life threatened, unless he stopped using it should say something about it's potential. The only reason everyone knows about it now is because someone leaked it onto the net.. and it spread like fire. It can't be as easily suppressed now, as long as people keep experimenting on their own. Which they are. Look on youtube and you will find tons of people building them. Some claim to have started ICE's with this new form of "massless" energy. The problem is, it's not well understood how the energy works yet. If/when cars do run from it, they supposedly run erratically. However something is definitely going on in those metal containers. And if it really does work effectively one day, there'd be no need for EV conversion kits or half as much manual labor to make cars pollution free. You can buy a lot of metal cans and water for the price of an EV kit ;)

Another device of interest can be used today with good results. Hopefully with more credibility too. It's the Bedini Monopole. It can charge multiple car batteries, for free. Also the batteries get a better charge than they do using conventional chargers. That could make the EV's a bit more cost effective :D On top of that.. it's so easy to build a school girl can make one with parts of her bicycle and some magnets. Check out the yahoo group for the free plans and forums. The day is coming when we will end pollution, but it can't happen unless people like us get involved.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't doubt that free energy machines are possible in some way- You just have to subject it to the "logic test." :D

I mean, why would this form of free energy be perfectly adapted to run an ICE, one of the most complex and ridiculous man-made inventions ever? It makes no sense.

I mean, some form of "free" electricity would make a little more sense, only because electricity exists in nature. Nothing even remotely similar to the ICE exists in nature- so why would free energy be capable of running it?

The Joe Cell just doesn't make any sense to me. I'll look into the concept a little more, though. Ya never know- if I find some more evidence, I might look into it more seriously. :)

Going to go look into the Bedini Monopole...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's strange, no doubt. It's supposedly creating "Orgone" energy, which we don't fully understand, but is a form of safe, clean pre-nuclear power. It can do mechanical work when used in certain ways. It's supposedly doing something in the can along the lines of what lightning does in nature. Like I say nobody really understands what it's doing or the true nature of the energy it creates. I'm not sure if it's even being researched by any real scientists. Even if it is, who knows if they would ever share their findings with average people like us. One thing to note is that when people light the bubbles on fire, there is an explosion (see youtube for examples). What happens when you light gasoline on fire? ;)

The Bedini monopole can probably be used by everyone on this forum to charge their batteries for free. Free "gas"..! There is a good video to check out that goes into detail on how it is working. It's called "Energy from the Vacuum". The bad thing about this invention, is that he is trying to patent it to eventually profit off of it. Which means it will likely become suppressed before we are ever able to power our homes for free. So, everyone needs to learn about it and get involved ASAP.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Joe Cell could be some form of electrolyzer. A reaction in the can somehow splits water into hydrogen and oxygen (collectively known as Egas for some reason), which is piped into the carb. An engine will run on egas, no problem.

Orgone? I dunno, I guess it's possible... :D

Fortunately (unfortunately?) the USPTO doesn't accept patent applications for devices purporting to output more energy than they consume, or any other variations on that theme. So anything that people come up with is up for grabs.

Of course, once someone with money "invents" one of these, I'm sure the policy will change really quick. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But the thing is, if it were splitting water, the cell would run out and need to be refilled about as often as a gas tank..right? Well supposedly the water level never changes...The water just needs to be recharged every now and then in a simple process involving a car battery. It seems to be a totally different energy source than these other water cars use. Water only acts as a "catalyst" in the Joe Cell. Supposedly the cell doesn't even plug into anything..it seeps through the metal and still runs the ICE, and it runs cold, with more "umpf" than burning gas, and with no fumes or pollution. It's like magic! No wonder it's so hard to swallow. Hopefully the work of Reich will be released next year, and we can learn more details on this phenomena.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
phenomena????

How about out and out quackery...

Remember the spark intensifer "with transister"??

Greater power! More fuel economy!! Easier starting!!!

All it was, was a spark gap in a plastic case with a reject transister, jammed into the spring inside and hooked to NOTHING!!!

Oh yes and death threats....or the government will buy it and bury it forever...

yep....the future....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far 8 people have reported running cars on this technology. I suspect that number is so small, because so many people are as ignorant as you are. And I don't blame you much for that..it really sounds too good to be true.

Why don't you join the yahoo group and talk to the people who are using them? They have a book about it, and it's free, even with pictures. They aren't making money selling "plans" for this thing, it's an open project. You've got very little to lose by trying it, and a whole lot to gain if you manage to get it going.

Do you know the definition of insanity (or in your case "quackery")..?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting
different results. -Benjamin Franklin

So by all means, keep pumping that gas, and maybe the world will become pollution free on its own.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just gently reading through it, gives a few clues as to how stupid it is.

You keep the cell energized by hooking only "ONE" lead to it from a small 12volt battery? Think about that for a sec.

You can't touch the car and the ground at the same time?

Theories abound?

No proven FACTS?

Yep, I may be ignorant about this "magic cell" but I am not stupid enough to think it will work.

I have a website that checks out all of this junk and will put it up as soon as I check an older computer to find it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you really rely on one website to feed you "facts" about everything? Wait let me guess, is it MythBusters.com? The people who claim Bedini monopole doesn't work, because they purposely didn't set it up right? Give me a break. Open your mind, read a book, do a science experiment for yourself. Maybe you will learn something.

Now this is interesting. What is a "fact" to you? Because it is a fact that more than one person has claimed to run a car with this. The truth is, real people don't generally make wild claims like this just for kicks. Companies might, people selling books might..but not some regular people like you and me. So unless you have tried building one to specification, and it didn't work for you, you really have no place bashing the technology or basically calling everyone involved a liar.

It's funny to me that you will consider spoon fed information from the news or some other central source as "fact", but when you hear some reports from other people directly, you assume it's got to be false. Some strange brainwashing is in effect here, and I'm very sorry.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't forget you're talking to people who currently drive EVs.

Maybe it's just me, but frankly I don't think we're waiting for the world to become pollution free on its own. :D

I'm more than willing to study these ideas (they're very interesting whether they work or not), but some of them are just a little nuts. ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Let's see where to begin....

Quote:"It's funny to me that you will consider spoon fed information from the news or some other central source as "fact", but when you hear some reports from other people directly, you assume it's got to be false. Some strange brainwashing is in effect here, and I'm very sorry."

See if I have this correct...
You are about 26 and just got out of college. It took you a little longer because you believed all the professors that brainwashed you.

You haven't investigated "free energy" hardly at all, but yet you go on the offensive against one that has.

I have been involved with magnetic motors for over 20 years. Yes, they are supposed to be impossible to make, but that doesn't keep an imagintive mind from working on it.

Here is a website that may help you find some truth in the world.

http://www.phact.org/e/dennis4.html

Jealousy is a terrible thing.....don't let it get the best of you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who is jealous, of what? I don't know what you are talking about exactly. I'm not trying to go personal with you about anything, everyone has an opinion. It's healthy to be skeptical, but not ignorant.. The Bedini is not just a magnet motor, that's just a part of it. It creates back EMF, "radiant energy" which charges batteries for free. There are plenty of people who can verify this fact for you on the yahoo group.

That site is that it hasn't been updated in 6 years. A lot has been discovered since then.

Here's what it says about John Bedini, which couldn't be further from the truth. "John Bedini - Claims to have a free energy device, but seems closed to having competant independant people investigate." .. Really? Well then what is this Bedini Monopole yahoo group which has hundreds of members from all walks of life, and contains full, free plans on how to build and operate the device?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I never mentioned the "Bedini Monopole ".

My motor design uses magnets as the power source. Nothing more.

Yahoo has a lot of people that believe in a lot of things.....doesn't make it true.....

How about the "flat earth society"???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of course, why would you, you probably don't even know what it does.

In any case I won't be wasting any more time trying to open your mind. My original question was answered and this topic has gone in the wrong directions. Thanks a bunch!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts