DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title seems stupid bud i would like to convert a Fiat fiorino electrovett to a more compatible standart system.
The engine is a 30kw ac engine.
What else do i need and where to find it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i do not want more performance or range, i would like to have a system not depending from the fiat computer.
And becourse there are systems to convert a gasoline car to EV i would like to convert it to a similar system.

·
Registered
173 Posts
No, i do not want more performance or range, i would like to have a system not depending from the fiat computer.
And becourse there are systems to convert a gasoline car to EV i would like to convert it to a similar system.
I'm not familiar with that particular vehicle, but converting an ev to an ev is often more difficult than an ICE to EV conversion, since EVs tend to be much more computerized.

If you're confident you want to go this route, I'd recommend looking into cheap DC motors paired with nissan leaf battery modules, which will be easily able to match the amount of power and range you had previously.

Another choice you have is just to reprogram/hack the existing fiat system, since you already have a perfectly good motor, inverter, batteries, BMS, etc. This route is likely to be much more challenging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to skip the fiat computer, for that i have a solution.
I'm just looking what i need for a complete AC system and if possible by use of the existing engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts