DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
My general rule of thumb is to keep everything until you know you won't need it.
Even short bits of local loom should be kept just so that you have the connectors on the end for reuse if needed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My general rule of thumb is to keep everything until you know you won't need it.
Even short bits of local loom should be kept just so that you have the connectors on the end for reuse if needed.
A nice thought. Unfortunately for me, when the bloke removed the engine from the Porsche 911 I bought as a glider, he just cut off every wiring harness rather than uncoupling them. So, I'm starting a bit from scratch on figuring out which bits are important. I do have the shop manuals, so that will help...

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
It is really annoying when people do that. It may be that the vendor took the ICE out to use elsewhere and wanted the plugs attached to make that conversion easier.

In a similar way it annoys me when someone removes a part from a vehicle and throws away every nut and bolt as they go, even ones that didn't need to be removed. I then end up with a part that has some obscure bolt sizes and types that I don't know about it needing, and then can't replace cheaply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts