DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing an assignment for school, on the topic of what's something entrepreneurial you'd most want to do in the field of EV vehicles and the EV industry, plus how would you go about launching it, monetising it and finding interested customers for it.

Anything to do with starting your own EV car conversion service, or with starting an EV manufacturing company is excluded.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here we have some road rules regarding EVs. Bikes are limited in power and speed. Other vehicles are also allowed but have the same restrictions plus some additional dimension restrictions. EVs over these dimensions are allowed but must be registered as a Car or motorcycle.

There are loads of small electric devices on the market that would be within the limits. But they are all scooter/bike styled. As an office worker being exposed to the elements doesn't suit me. I would need to have changes of clothes each day plus a shower when I get to work.

I would love to build a very small electric trike to bring it in under the restrictions but still have a basic/lightweight cover and some rollover/impact protection.

Some of the restrictions include max length 1250mm, max width 700mm, max height 1350 mm, max weight 60kg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts