DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I just purchase a 2010 Wheego for pretty cheap. Seller warned me of a short in the system, so I was coming at this as a project to begin with. As warned, turning on the disconnect immediately sparked the disconnect switch.
I took it apart and it will need to be replaced, but this does not explain the short. I checked the battery pack and it is full charged. (8.13v x 12).
I have been searching for system information on the Wheego without much luck. I understand the business changed directions. The Wheego is a clone of a Chinese car (which I will not try to spell at this time).
Any immediate ideas on where the short might be coming from, schematics or manuals and any other links to additional information will be appreciated. I am new to EV cars, but have basic knowlege of electrical components. Unfortunately, most of my knowledge is in commercial and residential electrical. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
An article by Green Car Congress says that the Wheego Whip was from RTEV (Ruff & Tuff Electric Vehicles), in partnership with Shuanghuan Automobile Company. It was to be marketed exclusively by RTEV under the Wheego Whip name in North America and by Shuanghuan Automobile as the Electric Noble (E-Noble) in the rest of the world... so it would be the "legitimate" electric version of the Noble, not a clone of it.

So it seems that you're looking for documentation on the Shuanghuan Electric Noble (E-Noble), or the RTEV Wheego Whip.

On the other hand, there is copying going on here - the body is obviously an imitation of the Smart ForTwo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a lot of that information. Ruff & Tuff is out of business. Wheego has changed names and now focuses on automation. I had not gone to deep into the Chinese models, but it looks like that is the direction that I am heading.
I have chased the circuit from the batteries up to the motion controller. Leads to the batteries and the battery pack all check out. When I opened the controller panel, there are the tell tale signs of arcing, but I have not narrowed it down to a single component just yet. I am now treading into the deep end of the pool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts