DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so.. we are a team of a bunch of people we are basically making an EV for some competition.
I'm trying to find the proper display to use for the dashboard which is supposed to display several sensor data from the vehicle as speed, RPM, SOC, Voltage and maybe some current info. etc..
what are is best choice to accomplish this task?
I've already seen some premade boards as PowerWatcher and TorquePro but what if i want to program the display myself using my microcontroller?
help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
135 Posts
is this an engineering competition or a design competition?

personally, even growing up as an engineer, i have come to dislike having so many dials and meters in front of me displaying so mnany information.

a clean look (some would point at Tesla?) with simple indicators is my preferance. the only thing i probably need to look on the fly will be vehicle speed and power. SOC and others can be on the side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this an engineering competition or a design competition?

personally, even growing up as an engineer, i have come to dislike having so many dials and meters in front of me displaying so mnany information.

a clean look (some would point at Tesla?) with simple indicators is my preferance. the only thing i probably need to look on the fly will be vehicle speed and power. SOC and others can be on the side.
both tbh, the goal is to make an energy efficient vehicle.
Teslas dashboards are awesome and on point, that's what i want to aim for, but i'm still not sure which type of displays is used and is most practical, I've googled and it seems that people tend to use OLED's (correct me if i'm mistaken?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts