DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
The eGolf cells are metal-cased prismatics with threaded holes (for bolts) in the terminals. Unlike pouch cells with welded tabs, it is reasonable to re-configure these cells by building new interconnecting cables (or straps). So you can - if you want - connect all 240 of the cells so that they are first connected in parallel (groups of 6 cells), then 40 of those groups are connected in series.
Unfortunately not, welded busbars inside the modules.

only (some?) VW E-Up modules had threaded studs and can be changed.

I'd just use as many strings as needed, the modules come with bms (usable from 8-12s) so a lot is possible. give every string it's own fuse, and preferable even it's own contacter...

·
Registered
561 Posts
That's unfortunate. All of the images that I have of the cells in this battery show threaded terminals, but they might just be showing a generic sample of the cell series rather than the actual cell variant used. I would want to open a module and have a look, if practical, just in case.
It might even only have been pre-production models that had threaded terminals...

also, always use these cells under compression, they will swell when not confined (if someone does re-arrange them)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.