DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, all. What is the difference between Yellow and White TS 200ah batteries? thanks

Francis

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Pretty sure all of the TS cells right now are yellow. Sky Energy (CALB) are blue and Hipower are white.

can you link to where you're seeing white thundersky advertised?

·
Registered
870 Posts
As far as I know there are no longer any white ThunderSky batteries sold anymore. They were white back in the day when ThunderSky still sold Lithium Cobalt cells. There were some success stories with them but a group buy in 2002, I believe was the year had some aweful cells that did terribly. The later ones were better and the UK BVS electric car site has a few examples that might be in the archives. An individual bought his towards the end of 2003 and got a decent amount of years out of a set of the old Lithium Cobalt cells, the capacity didn't drop with age but the internal resistance rose to the point where they weren't useful anymore for a vehicle as the voltage sagged too low.

I think it was sometime in 2009 when ThunderSky stopped selling Lithium Cobalt and Lithium Manganese(reddish orange) cells.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts