DIY Electric Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

White Zombie / Dow Kokam Batttery Pack

12K views 76 replies 16 participants last post by  david85 
#1 ·
#3 ·
"LithiumaniacsEVRacing" John didn't get to where he is by asking forum readers about what the competition is doing.
Good grief you really are a lazy ass! Get off this forum and do some research for yourself. Quit relying on others to spoon feed you information :mad: enough of this crap!

Being a n00b is no excuse :confused:

#4 ·
Do you feel important now attacking me? Take it easy computer gangsta! John has asked many questions on his adventure. He did not list the product number on his "Waylands Words". Have a nice day tough guy! :p

"LithiumaniacsEVRacing" John didn't get to where he is by asking forum readers about what the competition is doing.
Good grief you really are a lazy ass! Get off this forum and do some research for yourself. Quit relying on others to spoon feed you information :mad: enough of this crap!

Being a n00b is no excuse :confused:

#10 ·
Ron, I think that Todd hit the nail on the head. One of your first posts on this forum was

"The Lithiumaniacs EV Drag Racing Team are building a street legal 300ZX that will smoke "White Zombies" record. It also has dual motors and lithium batteries. No details yet. We will run on the East Coast Tracks in 2011. :D

GLTA!"

and now (3 months later) you are starting newbie style threads. If you want to go fast, talk to the fast guys - not their fans.

Later,
Keith

#11 ·
I have to chime in as well. I ask a lot of questions...but I also provide answers where I can. I also greet the occasional new member etc. You came on here with a "swingin dick" (to borrow another quote) about how you were gonna kick everyone's ass. With this attitude, I can't believe you are getting all the help you are getting. Probably the only reason is that people see you have more money than brains... and can buy stuff they only dream of. Bottom line is that u obviously don't have a clue... and that's not a crime.... just put ur tiny dick back in ur pants, close big yap and earn some respect instead of proclaiming it through $.
BTW, "research" is not all about picking ppls brains...

#12 ·
I have to chime in as well... Probably the only reason is that people see you have more money than brains... and can buy stuff they only dream of...
Nope, the point is either way he can't be the center of attention. He can't come in and buy his way to glory, and we can't allow him to change the nature of this board. It's an open, giving, caring, community that can't afford to let one person turn it into a paranoid, closed-off, foul-mouthed, secretive, little clique.

Ron has asked the same questions a lot of us have, and has goals similar to more than a few. There are other people reading these threads looking for the same answers. Those of us who seem to be helping him are actually continuing to build this community in the same spirit it has been thriving under. Any points I address to him, I am actually trying to share what little knowledge I have to help the next person who has the same question, or idea. That's why I wish he would have posted pictures of and info on that Camaro before he bought it and asked if the people he had been pressing for advice thought it was the right choice. That way the next person reading it would have learned why most of us would have said no, and what we woud have recommended.

It's always about the greater good of the community, never about one swinging dick...

#14 ·
Maybe if he actually knew what to LOOK for in a battery he wouldn't even have to ask the question to begin with! Maybe you aren't lazy, just ADHD. Sure there are tons of threads on here, you know why? Because noobs like you, come on here, asking the same questions you do. You just don't want to read through them all, you want to be spoonfed the answers.

And one more thing..... I think liuthiumainiacwhateverthefuckitis needs to stop posting a new thread every time he has a question or comment. Just one thread, for the build. All of your postings are relevant to ONE single thing.... your drag car.

#16 ·
Although I'm still new to all of this as well, I had all the same questions as LithiumaniacsEVRacing in the beginning. I found my answers and learned a whole lot in the process, and I stress the PROCESSS not just the answer.

I could have asked the same dozen stupid questions a week, got the answer from the great people on this forum and known the answer to 12 questions. Instead I read, I googled, I searched this forum and read some more, and chatted with people who know more than I do, and that answered those 12 questions along with 100 more that I wouldn't have thought of asking.

If there's something I can't find, or simply personal experience I'm looking for I've asked Crodriver/Tesseract/Qer/DavidDymaxion/dimitri/GerhardRP and other questions directly if and only if I think they are the best or only person that can answer the question. I try to be clear, concise, and not waste their time. So far all of these people have been friendly and helpful and are a huge asset to this forum and EV knowledge in general.

Good luck with your Camaro, you've said you have the pockets to best White Zombie and Crodrivers BMW, but it looks like you jumped out of the airplane then asked where the parachutes are? I could not imagine buying a Zilla 2k and not having a clue if I bought a -LV/-HV/-EHV, that is a critical piece of information!!!! You have made it apparent you are succesful in business, you need to take a step back and look at your EV drag car in that same light. Get help where you need it, and use your own strengths where you have them. And by "Get help" I mean PAY someone to design a starting point for the car until your experience catches up with your goals, don't depend on this forum to design the car for you.

#21 ·
I have no interest in his threads but I, too, am tired of the daily creation of new posts.

I saw it as a way to advertise HIS racing club and HIS company without paying for advertising. I have been a racer all my life and I would never run in a series where one of the teams is running the racing association. Been there - done that.

I went to their homepage and found pictures of the car, his picture, and a bio. I even clicked on his sponsors and was surprised to find Netgain and Evnetics listed as sponsors. Kinda weird since he also shows pictures of a Zilla controller.

How far is Connecticut from Seattle anyway? :D

#22 ·
You guys make me laugh! I only come here to "shoot the shit" and learn. You guys love to throw punches, but that's okay. Most of you are still supporters of NEDRA so I can see where your anger comes from. The others are just computer junkies with no life. The rest our computer gansta's that I would slap the shit out of in person!

So I changed cars I was building, sooooo what? What is so wrong with that? I am sure we will keep changing things as our race season moves on. Different ideas, different products. Plans change when you are really building things and not just running your mouth on a computer!

Some, of you here are very good people willing to help a newbie, others are haters because they have no life and no money!

I will swing my dick where and when I please, I PAY THE COST TO BE THE BOSS! If you don't like me, oh well. I will not lose any sleep! :eek:

#24 ·
You have some serious insecurities dude! Everything is okay as long as everyone is giving you exactly what you want, or at least not steeping on your toes. As soon as someone says something you don't like, you resort back to the childish dick-swinging behavior.

So we're supposed to tell you what you want to hear, without ever criticizing any of your choices, right? You ask our opinions, but only expect confirmation of your greatness. This is too freakin' funny! :D I don't even understand how you guys can get mad at him. It's so cute! :rolleyes:

You went to NEDRA and got shot down, so you come here to "shoot the shit", under the guise of actually needing help, but get mad when people actually try to help you? Help, by the way, is constructive criticism along with technical advice. If you can't take constructive criticism, you can't be helped. When something negative has been said about your plans, the preferred course of action has always been offered. That's the difference between trying to knock someone, and trying to actually help them.

I'm not a NEDRA supporter in any way, so I don't know if I fit in the computer junkie or computer gangsta class, by your definition. I sure wish this was face-to-face though to find out if it's the latter. In any case, I'll be the same as I have been in all your many threads. You're not really the point anyway big baller.

#23 ·
Oh Shut it. We won't be losing any sleep over it either.

you're missing the point here .... Go read this before you post any more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Now if You want to piss people off? Go ahead and do it. We'll sit back and watch you fail over and over until you get it right. You know little about EV's and don't seem to have a clue about what you need. You think throwing money at it (and insulting others for not having money) is going to get what you need? HAHAHAHA, good luck with that one.

I'll swing my dick a little..... I've spent 4 years researching just about everything there is to know about EV's. I've worked for 3 different EV companies (EVcomponents, Manzanita Micro and Elithion), I've been involved with importing over 4000 headway batteries, consulted for several electric motorcycle companies as well as quite a few people on this forum. I've been to 4 drag races and 3 electric motorcycle races and know most of the teams, suppliers and distributors in the US. I've seen newbies come and go and I'm usually quite nice to them, because they're respectful. You were a bit cocky and eccentric, but I decided to help anyway..... gave you the benefit of the doubt.

From what I see, You have no idea how to choose a controller or batteries. I'd venture to guess you haven't even started thinking about BMS or charger. You just want to ask us for everything..... but you want to be able to do as you please.....

Sit back, chill out and refrain from a new post every 5 minutes. Do some more research because we won't do it for you..... we're tired of answering the same thing over and over to every new person on this board. Its there for the taking, but now that you've pointed out you're just a lazy arrogant bully with lots of money, don't expect that to win you any popularity contests, and don't expect many people to jump to your rescue when you blow something up.

#27 ·
I know who you are, do not need your resume. If it is "bother" to you answering questions from people new to the field, why the hell are you here? Don't reply if it gets you panties in an uproar! I have plenty of friends, many new from the EV world. :eek:

we're tired of answering the same thing over and over to every new person on this board. Its there for the taking, but now that you've pointed out you're just a lazy arrogant bully with lots of money, don't expect that to win you any popularity contests, and don't expect many people to jump to your rescue when you blow something up.

#26 ·

Asshole? You MUST be new!!!!! Of course I am. I pride myself on being a completely blunt prick whenever I feel that someone needs a nice reality check. Look back at my posts, I have a long history for being blunt as hell. You're no different, and no I won't lose any sleep on it.

I can keep doing this, all day.... keep it up.

#36 ·
I can ask the same for the way I have been treated! But, I don't cry over spilled milk. :eek:

To the administrators: Please block this guy!

I am a 52 year old adult and don't appreciate posers with fake sponsors being allowed to spew their vulgarities in this forum.

Thank you

#38 ·
Ron just can't help himself. He's been rude and obnoxious from the start and we have still continued to help him. He's obviously not going to change so we have to decide if we are interested in promoting his behavior. I had hoped that with some constructive criticism he might get a clue and tone things down but that doesn't seem to be happening and I don't think it's going to. It's too easy to "press his buttons" and send him over the edge. I'd suggest anyone that isn't interested in helping him simply avoid all his threads instead of getting into a flame war with him. I'm still on the fence but could easily be pushed over one side. Guess which one ;)

#40 · (Edited)
Ron just can't help himself. He's been rude and obnoxious from the start and we have still continued to help him. He's obviously not going to change so we have to decide if we are interested in promoting his behavior.
Hi JR and others,

I have controlled myself and not posted on any of Ronnie Jr's threads for like over a month now, except one second thought deletion where I was going to suggest he name his "top priority" scumaro. But I had second thoughts. I stopped posting up against Ronnie Jr after I had a discussion with several forum members. The topic was "why are you guys being nice to a thief?". Those guys weren't bothered by Ronnie Jr's past behavior and said they were responding to posts in a manner which was good for all of mankind. And that I was disruptive in my non-vulgar, non-name calling posts which were negative in nature (but politely so) against Ronnie Jr and all he stood for and all his copycat organizations. Fine, outstanding EV supporters here on this site think I am out of line. Maybe it is time for me to take a look in the mirror.

Speaking of that Todd. Did Ronnie Jr ever answer your question to him about having been diagnosed with mental disorder? Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just nice to know.

So anyway, I am just back to my normal read the new posts type of thing helping out where I think I can confuse people, and occasionally reading Ronnie Jr's posts. Not that there has been that many.....right :rolleyes: But I now see everything I was saying 4, 5 or 6 weeks ago being said by others. Now I was not here to start a fight. So how does this happen? Ronnie Jr is a troll. He wants to start flames. That is how he gets his kicks, and publicity. If everybody just ignored him, as we should do to a troll, he would have nothing to do here and would disappear. We cannot stop him from reading our forum, and everything he needs is already been posted. You guys just told him that. All he has to do is look for it.

Ronnie Jr is a braggart, bully, liar and thief. He stole from friends of mine and insulted them. They no longer speak to him, so he comes over to this board. He swings his thing, has a big mouth and a fat wallet. People here flock to him. What a surprise. I heard it here in different words, but watch out. Ronnie Jr would step on his own friend's face to get what he wants, so yours is fair game.

Regards,

major

#45 ·
This board is a valuable resource frequented by a core group of members that have been remarkably generous with dispensing a wealth of information, for free, over a long period of time, to many people. The discourse is typically and remarkably civil in tone, especially compared to most forums I’ve experienced, where anonymity and electronic mode of communication can foster a general lack of etiquette.

LithiumaniacsEVRacing has some cool projects brewing, and I would love to see how they progress. However, the tone of the exchanges are aggressive, and not good for the overall mission of the forum - promoting the concept of DIY EV.

#46 ·
Your address speaks a thousand words.

This board is a valuable resource frequented by a core group of members that have been remarkably generous with dispensing a wealth of information, for free, over a long period of time, to many people. The discourse is typically and remarkably civil in tone, especially compared to most forums I’ve experienced, where anonymity and electronic mode of communication can foster a general lack of etiquette.

LithiumaniacsEVRacing has some cool projects brewing, and I would love to see how they progress. However, the tone of the exchanges are aggressive, and not good for the overall mission of the forum - promoting the concept of DIY EV.

#47 · (Edited)
...When I come to this sight to ask "lazy questions" I am just looking for a response. I have been addicted to message boards since I promoted stocks. Most of my questions are to "see" the response. Some I agree with some I don't. I never trust a message board for vital information, I always go to a source. The boards are mostly for a laugh. You guys take this message board posting to a new level. :p...
You guys are 100% correct about Ron, but I still say why let him cause you to act like him. The questions he asked were valid EV questions, regardless of his intent. They have been asked a hundred times before he came and will be asked a hundred times again. The responses provided in the threads are legit and full of information that can help someone. However, if in the middle of that discussion, the whole thread goes off on a tirade about his motives the info becomes a moot point. I could honestly care less whether he goes fast or dies trying, I was answering and responding generically for the next person who reads it.

I don't get your points on the money thing. To date, he hasn't spent very much money, so there isn't much to be wow'd by?! It's the fact that he's talking about running WZ times at the dragstrip, not his bank account, that gets people interested. Even some of the more docile street conversion guys, like JRP3, seem to enjoy discussing what it would take to go fast. If you really think about it, there aren't many people that even seriously consider it (or else Evnetics would be looking to crank out Big Sols), so when someone does people are drawn to it, like moths to a flame.

So far, he's purchased an old half-baked Camaro, a Zilla, and looked under every stone in the forest for a cheaper battery solution, even though we repeatedly told him what cells would work for racing. In terms of dollars and cents, not very impressive yet. Cro, on the other hand, is impressive to watch from a finanacial standpoint. He buys top notch parts and equipment, and reaches deeper when nothing is available to suit his needs - to make it himself. No comparison...

#53 ·
Todd,

What is your problem? You own shit? Where is your car Mr. Design King? This is what I mean, its okay for this cornball to attack me and my progress, but when I defend myself I am the bad guy! You love to judge Todd but I haven't seen anything you built? Your fake pictures of future plans is not impressive. Again, build something or keep your opinion to yourself! I will no longer discuss anything with such a scumbag. :mad:

So far, he's purchased an old half-baked Camaro, a Zilla, and looked under every stone in the forest for a cheaper battery solution, even though we repeatedly told him what cells would work for racing. In terms of dollars and cents, not very impressive yet. Cro, on the other hand, is impressive to watch from a finanacial standpoint. He buys top notch parts and equipment, and reaches deeper when nothing is available to suit his needs - to make it himself. No comparison...

#68 · (Edited)
:DI love a train wreck - it's been to long since we had a good one here.:D

By your own admission, you're just here for shits and giggles, right Ron?
I have some questions for you - feel free to throw a hissy-fit if you don't want to answer.

1. Would you like to rescind one of these statements? If so, which one?

from this forum - "I never said any of you were broke, I know times are hard, my business is down 40%."

from the NEDRA group - "In regards to promoting, I also own a Moving Company here is Connecticut, the competition is fierce, but I have grown during this depression by my promotional skills."

2. Is the President of the East Coast Electric Drag Racing Association elected by the membership or self-appointed?

3. Do you show the same level of respect to your customers and the members of ECEDRA that you have shown to the members of this forum?

Hope I don't get rear-ended while viewing the carnage,
Keith

#69 ·
Wow, a lot has transpired in a day :eek: lithiumselfmedicated has self-immolated in a spectacle. No need to bring out the torches and pitchforks now.

FWIW: I read a lot of forums. You regulars on DIY are a decent bunch, and always willing to help out a beginner with a fist full of questions.

#70 · (Edited)
I guess I am the eternal optimist, but I just wish he could pop a couple pills, chill out, listen and learn, then build a "proper" high-budget EV. The opportunities for these "unlimited" type of projects to advance the art are few and far between. It's sad when that opportunity is crushed by ego and insecurity.

Ron is the first person to come along with the plan of building a no-compromise EV drag car. WZ and Cro's Bi-moto are street cars. KillaCycle and Rocket are dedicated drag bikes. There isn't a car on the scene yet taken to the level of the bikes, with a serious lithium pack. I was looking forward to seeing it happen, and trying to contribute, but Ron's violent mood swings may be more than anyone here can work through. He's here for advice, he doesn't take internet help seriously. He needs electrical engineers, he has an electrical engineer. Money is no object, he's looking for lower cost options. He willing to do whatever it takes, he cuts corners.

Of course, when he reads these last posts, he'll see attacks rather than constructive criticism, offers of help, and expressed frustration, and go off on yet another fifth-grade, name-calling, tirade. I've been a computer geek or gangsta, a cornball, and a scumbag, so far. Can't wait to see what's next? :p:D

Cornball is my favorite! I might get some Cornballers EV CLub shirts printed - taking deposits in the back of the room! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.