DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drive system

55kW BLDC Motor / Controller. Weight-66.14 lbs

312V nominal 55kW peak power 22kW nominal. 250Nm Maximum Torque (84Nm Nominal) Air-Cooled, with Full Brake Regeneration

I am wondering why this has not brought much attention to this forum?
This is priced comparable to the Azure AC-24 system but is 55kw versus 47kw with substantially better low end starting torque (similar to DC motors) for acceleration which has been a poor rating on Azure: Although it has similar efficiency ratings as the AC-24 (above HPEV's AC-50) but also weighs 50 lbs less. I know it is priced higher than HPEV’s AC-50 but specs look like it would outperform both systems?
I am very interested in this drive system but thought I might have overlooked something…

Too bad it is not American made...

G

·
I think it's BLDC vs Induction and the controls to power them. Looks good but Perm Mag motors have limits with the Perm Mags. Best is full induction. No magnets to worry about. but the Perm mag motors look pretty good to me. That one looks very nice. Who makes controls for these?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
RPM looks a bit sluggish. Might as well just do DC Series. Most will do 5k rpm.

Pete :)
Compared to the HPEV the RPM is comparable but the available torque is double at startup. I would think this would be optimal for acceleration. Additionally most transmissions would be happy not going over 5,000 rpm avoiding vibration and coupling alignment problems. This drive system is offered through Current EV Tech but I found I way to get one for a grand cheaper.

Additionally, this system has regen capability and could be be more efficient at regen than Azure's AC system? I am looking for something with regen and good acceleration.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's BLDC vs Induction and the controls to power them. Looks good but Perm Mag motors have limits with the Perm Mags. Best is full induction. No magnets to worry about. but the Perm mag motors look pretty good to me. That one looks very nice. Who makes controls for these?
The drivetrain is offered from Unite Industries;

http://www.cn-dcmotors.com/index-1.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts