DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Will Tea Party Triumphs Unplug Electric Car Initiatives?

7897 Views 109 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  david85
Jim Motovalli reports on the aftermath of U.S. mid-term elections that saw Republican take back control of the House of Representatives.

More...
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

· Registered
5,007 Posts
"peak whale" - good one:D

I understand your reasoning of legalizing it because I've heard it many times before, the problem is organized crime will simply move on and find other harder drugs that are still illegal and start selling them instead. Chrystal meth is often used as the next step up from milder drugs like pot and you can make it almost anywhere using off the shelf ingredients. Growing season doesn't matter anymore and you don't need anywhere near as much floor space. I don't see how legalizing these things makes the world better when the same people are still hard at work.

· Registered
8,155 Posts
I understand your reasoning of legalizing it because I've heard it many times before, the problem is organized crime will simply move on and find other harder drugs that are still illegal and start selling them instead. Chrystal meth is often used as the next step up from milder drugs like pot and you can make it almost anywhere using off the shelf ingredients. Growing season doesn't matter anymore and you don't need anywhere near as much floor space. I don't see how legalizing these things makes the world better when the same people are still hard at work.
As you point out people are already making meth and other hard drugs, even though pot is illegal. It's very possible that legal pot might stop people from taking the next step and breaking the law with harder drugs. I don't think it's accurate to call pot a gateway drug any more than alcohol is. Point is the law is not stopping many people from getting pot if they want it, and it is costing us billions of wasted dollars prosecuting and incarcerating people who aren't hurting anyone. Then there is the potential of a robust hemp industry which has stagnated because of the misguided law, as well as potential medical benefits. It might be useful to look at areas where pot is legal and see what other drug use and crime looks like. If medical pot has caused an increase in crime and other drug use in California I'm not aware of it.

· Registered
5,007 Posts

· Registered
5,007 Posts
OK, now that was some funny chit right there!

ROFLMAO:D

(sorry)

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.