Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a transit connect EV and unfortunately it is missing some parts:

1. The main VCU
2. The Heater
3. The Transmission position sensor
4. All of the coolant loop tubing

If anyone has any of these, as I'm sure there were many of them floating around at the auction, please email me at [email protected]... I usually don't check PM as much as email...

Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the transmission selector sensor!

I also ordered a Transit Connect ECU which I will then program to the AZD VCU necessary...

So now I am down to really just needing 2 things:

1. The hoses for the cooling/heating circuits.

2. One of the Mitsubishi heater units... I know they sold a ton off at the auction, hopefully somebody knows who bought them?

Thank you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although it seems there is a lack of people who know where parts are located, I thought I'd update again:

I have found all parts except the Mitsubishi heater (CKA411A001, pn 105208).

Please advise if anyone has this, I know there were only 3 lots but each had more than 1 unit...

Thank you!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I found the transmission selector sensor!

I also ordered a Transit Connect ECU which I will then program to the AZD VCU necessary...

So now I am down to really just needing 2 things:

1. The hoses for the cooling/heating circuits.

2. One of the Mitsubishi heater units... I know they sold a ton off at the auction, hopefully somebody knows who bought them?

Thank you!
Where did you order the VCU from? New Eagle? Did you find anyone who won any of VCUs sold at the auction?

If anyone has any of the VCUs from the auction I would be interested in buying one or two.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never saw any VCU for sale at the auction...

I actually just ordered a 2011 TC ECU off eBay, I am going to reprogram it to the 2012 TCE VCU software... my understanding is that it is the same hardware just a different software loaded on-board.

If I'm successful at this I could do it for others who need them...

Steve doesn't have the parts I need, he has some nice stuff but not the particular parts I need... Fortunately I have found the guy that bought the lot of 5 heaters and although he is looking for a good sum of money for a heater he is willing to sell 4 of them... I may buy one from him...

So now I'm down to interior components... Carpeting and center console.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I never saw any VCU for sale at the auction...

I actually just ordered a 2011 TC ECU off eBay, I am going to reprogram it to the 2012 TCE VCU software... my understanding is that it is the same hardware just a different software loaded on-board.

If I'm successful at this I could do it for others who need them...
Did you find that it was the same unit (ECM-5554-112-0904) as is used in the Transit Connect Electric?
Have you been able to reprogram it?
There is some indication that it would need the mototron USB hardware dongle to allow the firmware to be reloaded, but I am not certain of that.

I'm interested in any progress that you have made.

What part of the world are you located in?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It didn't work, they aren't the same. However David Setsuda, from this thread has a box of ecm, of you need one contact him and buy it!

To program you need to connect via box/canbus network to your computer (typically USB).

Good luck, Sean.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a couple of the ECUs from the auction, using one to control the DMOC645. I can sell the other one. Its the

It is a Woodward ECM-5554-112-904-F-M

Make on offer

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2011 Electric transit connect. It seems to have an issue. Can I hook this up to a standard OBD2 to get the codes? If not what do I use to find the issue. I have a electric ranger also, so I also have a NGS tester. I have a EV ranger card for the NGS. Is there a card for the NGS for the Transit. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Azure had their own software to diagnose the TCE van.

Can you be a bit more specific as to the "issues"?

Several folks here on the forum have the software and Kvaser Leaf Light USB-CAN adapter that is required to do some of that work.
There is a limit as to what can be read or programmed though unless one has obtained the Woodward/Eagle/Mototron license and dongle.
You might try posting a request for assistance in the technical forum here on DIYEC too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 2011 Electric transit connect. It seems to have an issue. Can I hook this up to a standard OBD2 to get the codes? If not what do I use to find the issue. I have a electric ranger also, so I also have a NGS tester. I have a EV ranger card for the NGS. Is there a card for the NGS for the Transit. Thanks for any help.
Like was just said: Azure has a software suite and it only works with the Kvaser Leaf Light GS CAN-USB adapter hooked up via the OBD (or if you don't have the proper harness, tapped into the CAN-bus network elsewhere). This software suite includes the Diagnostic Toolkit which is a software that makes it pretty easy to see what is going on with the van. If you describe the symptoms though I may know what it is, I've done a boat-load of diagnostics with this van I have, and as of 11pm last night I've got it running/moving, drove 60 miles today in it!

Do let me know where you are located (if local I can probably fix/identify your problem pretty quickly).

The Kvaser I have is on loan and long over-due to return, I will be returning it within the next few days, but to buy one is under $400 and probably worth it if you own one of these vans (to have your own OBD code reader and DMOC/VCU programmer as well as diagnostics toolkit is worth it and the software is available for free!)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now looking for:
Part numbers: 105098, 105099, 105100 (brackets to mount brake pedal position sensor)
and
Drive-shaft bearing block (I have the bearing but not the block/mounts)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Like was just said: Azure has a software suite and it only works with the Kvaser Leaf Light GS CAN-USB adapter hooked up via the OBD (or if you don't have the proper harness, tapped into the CAN-bus network elsewhere). This software suite includes the Diagnostic Toolkit which is a software that makes it pretty easy to see what is going on with the van. If you describe the symptoms though I may know what it is, I've done a boat-load of diagnostics with this van I have, and as of 11pm last night I've got it running/moving, drove 60 miles today in it!

Do let me know where you are located (if local I can probably fix/identify your problem pretty quickly).

The Kvaser I have is on loan and long over-due to return, I will be returning it within the next few days, but to buy one is under $400 and probably worth it if you own one of these vans (to have your own OBD code reader and DMOC/VCU programmer as well as diagnostics toolkit is worth it and the software is available for free!)

The van will work without a flaw sometimes. It is when I try to start it randomly, it will not start. It will give me a flashing wrench and a turtle on the dash. It will not allow the van to start up. If I wait about 15 minutes give or take it will eventually work again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Azure had their own software to diagnose the TCE van.

Can you be a bit more specific as to the "issues"?

Several folks here on the forum have the software and Kvaser Leaf Light USB-CAN adapter that is required to do some of that work.
There is a limit as to what can be read or programmed though unless one has obtained the Woodward/Eagle/Mototron license and dongle.
You might try posting a request for assistance in the technical forum here on DIYEC too.
I am located in San Luis Obispo, California. When I try to start the van it randomly will have a blinking wrench and turtle on the dash. It will not allow me to start it. If I wait give or take 15 minutes or so it will start. Thanks Aaron

1 - 20 of 30 Posts