DIY Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does any one have the Azure rear seat mounting bracket they want to sell? I have the seat and I want to mount it in my EV Transit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone know why I get a red charging lamp on the plug? I got a Kvasar coming in the mail and the software loaded. Just wanted to know what other people have had go wrong. Will it tell me anything in the ESS interface?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What we now know from the software is that both battery banks have several dead cells. We hope that we can find enough good cells from both packs to make one good pack. Keeping our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am located in San Luis Obispo, California. When I try to start the van it randomly will have a blinking wrench and turtle on the dash. It will not allow me to start it. If I wait give or take 15 minutes or so it will start. Thanks Aaron
Were you able to get it fixed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Were you able to get it fixed?
(I have a 2011 Ford Transit Connect Azure Dynamics van and live on west coast of USA too - border of Oregon and Washington.) I have not owned this for long and would love to get it serviced before I drive it on a long trip I need to take in October. I have looked and unable to find a place to take it to. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What we now know from the software is that both battery banks have several dead cells. We hope that we can find enough good cells from both packs to make one good pack. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Hello, Have you found Saft cells to repair your battery? I'm looking for 3 original Saft VL41M cells to bring my transit connect AZD 2011 back to life too. If you have any suggestions. Thank you in advance !

·
Registered
16 Posts
(I have a 2011 Ford Transit Connect Azure Dynamics van and live on west coast of USA too - border of Oregon and Washington.) I have not owned this for long and would love to get it serviced before I drive it on a long trip I need to take in October. I have looked and unable to find a place to take it to. Any suggestions?
Update: I found a fabulous repair shop in Albany, Oregon (west coast USA) called Shift EV. They looked at my 2011 Ford Transit Connect Azure Dynamics van that was running fine but had a red light powertrain error light on the dash. Shift EV has looked at these vans before and they have a Kvaser Leaf Light USB - CAN adaptor and software. Shift EV so far as not determined what the powertrain error was but think it might be connected to my heater that stopped working. Shift EV found a replacement heater from J and J Auto Wrecking (I think in San Jose, CA) 2012-2016 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Water PTC Heater Unit 7806A085 for $750. (I know it was very hard for them to find one of these heaters.) Shift EV installed the heater in my van but have not yet finished hooking it up.....sounds like they have to "reverse engineer it" which means getting creative with hooking up the electrical to it, as it is not the exact model heater. Shift EV has been great - due to my trip and also Covid-19 restrictions I have not been able to return to Shift EV so they can finish the wiring. So far my van is running fine (no heater) and I will return to Shift EV hopefully in the spring for them to finish the work.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts