DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not even sure what words to search for...I want to reconfigure my 2014 Nissan Leaf battery pack from the 1big + 2small setup to a 2big setup using all the OEM stuff...

Basically, I'd like to buy all of this (shipped to Los Angeles), minus the actual battery modules and BMS:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Second gen, sorry—should have specified! I just want to be sure I wind up with a complete "kit" as individual parts are painful and costly to source...

I'm in Los Angeles, so shipping might be serious from the UK.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I'm not even sure what words to search for...I want to reconfigure my 2014 Nissan Leaf battery pack from the 1big + 2small setup to a 2big setup using all the OEM stuff...

Basically, I'd like to buy all of this (shipped to Los Angeles), minus the actual battery modules and BMS...
Does that mean that you currently have one long stack of 24 modules (like the stack under the rear seat of the stock Leaf configuration) plus two more shorter stacks, and you want to go to two identical stacks of 24? Then that makes sense - you would use the high-voltage (power) and low-voltage (BMS) wiring plus the clamping rods from a stock rear (24 module) stack with 24 of your modules. Did I interpret this correctly?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that mean that you currently have one long stack of 24 modules (like the stack under the rear seat of the stock Leaf configuration) plus two more shorter stacks, and you want to go to two identical stacks of 24?
That is correct. I have a full Leaf battery pack, and I'd like to convert the two short stacks into another long stack for packaging considerations, without changing the electrical configuration.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Be carefull about connecting the second 24pcs pack to the same connectors as the two smaller packs. The pins are different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much of the hardware did you want? I've got:

Three side brackets (295L2, 295L2+A, 295L3)
Two end plates (295H7, 295H7+A)
Bus bars (295L1)
Bus bar covers (some retaining clips *slightly* damaged) (295B8+D)
Threaded rods (29141A)
Nuts and bolts for putting it all together
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2013-nissan-leaf/electric-vehicle-battery.html?Diagram=291_A004

The individual battery brackets are still attached to the batteries. Let me know if you'll want them so they can be detached. See here for what I'm talking about: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2013-nissan-leaf/electric-vehicle-battery.html?Diagram=291_A003

I'll do a trade for your two short stack bus bars and hardware if you still have them, if not then is $100 plus shipping reasonable?

Send me a PM!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts