DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There,

I recently got my Xantrex link pro working but I am getting an incorrect voltage reading. I have a 144 volt lithium pack. The metre is getting power from the dc to dc converter coming off 12v accessories battery.The High Voltage is being read by a Xantrex prescaler 0-500 v. I have set the xantrex to 1-10 under precaler setting but I am only getting a voltage reading of 64 volts. Which is less than half my pack voltage. Any idea's what could be wrong?

·
Registered
1996 Electric Corvette 3 Hyper9DHV motors Torque Box
166 Posts
I'm using approximately 1 M ohm of resistance on the lead for my 288 volt pack. Are you some where around 500K ? Sounds like just the input resistance you are using is about twice what it should be.

Hope this helps...

MO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm just using the standard wires on pre scaler no other resistors, have not read anything about needing to add a resistor on power side. Do the high power leads coming off the pre scaler have to be the same length? I have added a 1amp fuse and bit if length on the power side of the pre scaler. Still trying to get my head around what the pre scaler should be spitting out so the metre reads correct voltage. Could I have missed s setting on the metre?

Cheers for the help

·
Registered
1996 Electric Corvette 3 Hyper9DHV motors Torque Box
166 Posts
Yes unfortunately, they are not very forthcoming in explaining the prescaler side of things.

Try selecting the 5:1 prescaler and see if the value comes up correct. I think this will resolve your problem.

If this does not work:
The prescaler lead that you are connecting to the pack voltage you need to add a 1/2 watt resistor in series with the lead. Since you are reading about half the correct voltage, it sounds like you are using a 1 Meg ohm resistor. you may need to change to a smaller value like a 470K resistor and add a second 30K in series with it as well. ___V470KV_____VVV30KVVV___

It sounds like you have assembled it correct, just the resistor value is too large for the pack voltage. Again try selecting the 5:1 prescaler and see if the numbers come up correct.

MO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Defiantly have a dead voltage prescaler. when not connected to xantrex Metre outputs 70 volts when connected*to Metre outputs 6.4 volts but as I have a 144 volt pack should be outputting 14.4 volts so the Metre can read as a prescaler value of 1-10. Anyone good with resistors what would have to use to drop value down from 144 to 14.4volts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts