DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The seat hinge is a giant pain in the butt!!! It's in the way all the time. It flops down into the battery space every minute or so. Sticking straight up is equally in the way. The screws or threads into the frame are completely buggered. I have to do surgery to get the hinges off the frame. The 2 M6 bolts will not come out! Someone added nuts under the frame section to secure the 2 bolts. Those came right off. The mess is inside the frame threaded holes.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
900 21700 cells will arrive tomorrow. Geez that's a LOT of cells! Welding them into packs...that will take a while! Tracking shows the cells are at the local fedex depot. As long as the fedex truck doesn't break down or get in a wreck, they should be in my drive way tomorrow. YIPEE!!!!

I think I have a solid line on 150v VESC controllers capable of better than 20kw. If that pans out (fingers and toes crossed!) I'm set for motor control.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WELP! MUCH ARGUING later with Battery Hookup and they apologized! Then they gave me a $200 refund! They "claim" they didn't understand what I was telling them. This is baffling since it is abundantly obvious that 4400mah != 4800mah. AND I've told them this in every email (more than 10 times now) about cells testing far too low. More drama! FML!!!

I'm still dealing with VERY SLOW testing since any cell that fails to meet 4700mah gets 4 tests before I fail it. Some cells do test immediately to 4700mah or better, but many take a few tests before they "wake up". Just my opinion based on testing around 10 thousand cells before these ones, needing multiple tests to "wake them up" is sketchy as hell!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Lii-500S started malfunctioning. It's been recording overly optimistic capacities for about a week now. I wasn't suspicious about the random 4900mah cells that would come from it, but then it started getting 5000mah and 5100mah. OK OK...NO! That's NOT possible! Since who knows what has gone through the Lii-500S and into the box of cells I have passed, I'm now testing all of them yet one more time to see if the Lii-500S misrepresented any low cell capacities. So far I have found a few...GRRR!

Down one cell tester! And cell testing is already glacially sloooow. I have bought 4 more Lii-600's to get through the cells faster. I'll have them in a week or so.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think these cells are subject to temperature more than I suspected. The nights are getting cooler and I've been testing the cells on my porch. i'm seeing far more cells that don't test to 4700mah or better. Some still do, but the occurance of lower capacities is climbing. It's not like it's cold at night...only 55F at the most, but what else is causing lower cell capacities to increase?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts