DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha FZ1 electric motorcycle. clear NYS title.

Yamaha FZ1 converted to electric motorcycle power. AC-15 with Curtis 1238-6501 with the programmer for the controller. Elite Power Solutions 96 volt - - battery system with BMS, charger and display. 2001 Yamaha FZ1. Full size comfortable motorcycle. Geared for 80 mph -
28 gbl cells (nomial voltage : 3.2v) x 60 ah = 89.44 v nomial and 5.33 kw
charge cell voltage is 3.6v for a total main pack voltage : 100.8v
I took the controller off the bike ( a year ago) to add a second charger but never put the bike back together.
I have a parts build book. I don't know the state of the batteries at this point.

I won't ship unless you make the arrangements to come pick it up at my front door.
I'm asking $2,500 for everything.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
so.... current status is that all parts are available, including the controller, and were functional when you took it apart? state of charge and capacity of batteries unknown.... so, questions are:
  • how long have batteries been sitting?
  • connected to a BMS? charged at all, or just sitting?
  • aprox how many cycles, or miles of use before you took it apart?
  • and the biggie.... whay haven't you put it back together to sell it in running condition?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so.... current status is that all parts are available, including the controller, and were functional . Yes

when you took it apart? The bike was not taken apart except for the controller and one relay.

state of charge and capacity of batteries unknown.... so, questions are:
  • how long have batteries been sitting?
  • About 1.5 year
  • connected to a BMS? charged at all, or just sitting?
  • Just sitting.
  • aprox how many cycles, or miles of use before you took it apart?
    About 1,200 miles
  • and the biggie.... whay haven't you put it back together to sell it in running condition? Because I have too many projects and no desire to mess with it. More importantly if I get it running again, I won’t sell it for this low price.

• By the way, I have the programmer for the controller. Just have to look for it .

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
mmmmmm, I'm interested!
contemplating a road trip w trailer to come pick it up, or may do some research to find out if there is a reasonable transport service to load everything into a pod or truck and deliver. please email me address and contact info and we can talk details direct.... Dan at EnviroKarma.org

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike is located in NY in Westchester County Zip 10520. The bike is exactly as pictures above.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
The bike is located in NY in Westchester County Zip 10520. The bike is exactly as pictures above.
cool, I'm in conversation with a buddy out here in NM to decide if we wanna take this project on. Do you have the Controller interface hardware so that controller parameters can be reviewed and changed as needed?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bike is still available. By the way, I wan to clarify that the bike is exactly as you see it in the pictures. I only removed the Controller that sits under the gas tank. So the bike is exactly as pictured above. I'm also wiling to entertain selling the controller, programmer, spyglass , motor and charger as package if I get a decent offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts