DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel about diy electric vehicles so I was wondering 1. If anyone else would watch and 2 if there is anyone that lives in the Northern Pennsylvania to upstate NYish area would like to make a video of their project

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Personally, I think there are far too many YouTube videos with far too little interesting or useful content. Most 20-minute videos could be replaced by a few hundred words of text and a few well-chosen photos, and the text would be easier to search and to use.

Other people seem to like everything as a video - some of them might express their opinions, and they're your possible audience.

Here's a question for you to consider; I don't need or expect an answer, it's just to help your decision process. What would make your channel more valuable than the existing EV channels - more experience? better video production? more relevant subjects?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Are you doing the building or are you covering others' builds? If others, just how many builds do you expect to find in Pa?

Unless you're a hardcore builder, a Youtube of an EV build is like watching paint dry, IMO. I have a hard time getting through Snowdog's vids, and I'm actually interested in what he's doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts