DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Zapino Zap - rebuild

12722 Views 97 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  rishimaze
blank
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

· Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
The left most layer is a bit of a cock-up. I didn't plan it out like I should have so it's not groups of 7 cells like the other 2 layers. Layer 2 is correct now, but I did weld a couple of sections together that weren't supposed to be welded together. It has a couple of jumpers in it to fix that mistake. Layer 3 is 100% correct so far and should stay that way on the other side too. Layer 1 has the main battery poles on the opposite side of the layer than does 2 and 3. At least they are all in the same positions on each layer! BATT- at the top and BATT+ at the bottom.

· Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Rear section of 20S6P is done. I'm out of 6 pin JST connectors and I'll need quite a few more for the other 3 layers.

One of the smaller front sections is spot welded together. I ran out of thermal glue and more is on order. That will be here Tuesday along with more JST connectors.

· Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
I have a 400 pound package scale. I've never weighed the scooter before. The LCD is on a long cord so I can see the weight even if the scale is totally covered up.

Just the scooter with no rider:
1. The back tire is seeing 199 pounds. Not surprising considering most of the weight of the EV is back there! 2 packs, hub motor, controllers, etc.
2. The front tire is seeing 119 pounds.
3. I laid a section of 3/4" plywood on the scale and that weighs 28 pounds.
4. Rolling the scooter onto the ramp and all up weight is 302 pounds.
5. 302 - 28 = 274 pounds for the scooter.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.