DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Zilla 1133 Error?

2022 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Thaniel
I am just setting up my Zilla Z1K (Elithion BMS and Thundersky batteries).

Everything seems okay when I first start the car - the contactors close - when I press the HEPI pedal the motor starts turning (car is jacked up on all 4 wheels until I am comfortable).

After a short period (anywhere from 2 sec to 10 sec) the Zilla Error Light comes on, with a 1133 error (Lost Communication with controller during use, either direction).

I tried replacing the ethernet cable between the Hairball and the controller (it also has a choke around it) - even tried a new cable in a metal sheath/grounded conduit) with no difference.

The Zilla directly controls the positive contactor (with a diode as per the manual) - the Elithion BMS has a FLT output which is normally grounded - this controls the ground side of the +Ve contactor relay).

any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Have you seen 1113 error? If so you need to reset to default settings and then reset your settings. Versions prior to 2.12 settings get corrupted and strange things happen.

I would try to reset to default to see if this corrects the issue.

Charlie

· Registered
66 Posts
You could remove the BMS connections and see if the error still occurs.

When the error occurs does the main contact disconnect?

I bet its noise if it happens only while your drawing current or a loose connection. What about placing a diode on the line from the BMS to the hairball?

Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.