DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Zilla 1133 Error?

2023 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Thaniel
I am just setting up my Zilla Z1K (Elithion BMS and Thundersky batteries).

Everything seems okay when I first start the car - the contactors close - when I press the HEPI pedal the motor starts turning (car is jacked up on all 4 wheels until I am comfortable).

After a short period (anywhere from 2 sec to 10 sec) the Zilla Error Light comes on, with a 1133 error (Lost Communication with controller during use, either direction).

I tried replacing the ethernet cable between the Hairball and the controller (it also has a choke around it) - even tried a new cable in a metal sheath/grounded conduit) with no difference.

The Zilla directly controls the positive contactor (with a diode as per the manual) - the Elithion BMS has a FLT output which is normally grounded - this controls the ground side of the +Ve contactor relay).

any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Thought I read in the manual somewhere to not replace the chord between the zilla and hairball. I could be wrong but thought I should mention it.

Any chance electrical noise is getting into the connections?

· Registered
370 Posts
I will try and use the original LAN cable - a long shot I would think. I could not see anything in the manual about this - it just says use the ferrite cube (which I am).
Now that I'm home I looked and couldn't find that in the manual either:( Swear I read it somewhere. Maybe it was on cafeelectrics site or I dreamed it up:rolleyes: Pretty sure I read it though.

I would think the negative opening up would case a low voltage condition and error that way. But hard to say. Make it open once and see what it does. (Though for precharging you'd want the negative to be closed prior to the zilla closing the main contactor.)

· Registered
370 Posts
Glad to hear you are narrowing things down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.