DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a collection of EV parts I no longer need.

I have 2 Zilla 1000 amp controllers, one 156 volt the other 300 volt. One Hairball has series parallel and forward reverse switching, the other is standard, both are for a standard resistive throttle input.

I have one very slightly used ADC 8 inch motor in great shape with a Datsun adapter on it now. I have one Prestolite MTC motor with a clutchless aircooled VW adapter on it now.

I have 60 Thundersky 60 amp hour LiFePO4 cells from 2010. 39 of them where pulled from service after 6 years of summer service in a light EV. They measure at 48 amp hours of remaining capacity. They pack is in good balance still banded in 3 rows of 13 cells. They have no problem putting out 360 peak amps at about 2.7 volts per cell. The remaining 21 cells have almost no use on them and have been stored at about 50% SOC.

I have 2 DC to DC converters, both about 20 amps output. One is a Todd PC20-LV the other is of 96 volt Kelly Controls. I have miscellaneous parts including fuse holders, contactors, and the other minor parts.

Feel free to make me an offer for any or all of my parts. I won't be offended, and will make you a good deal. I am just north of Seattle in Everett WA and would prefer a local buyer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good timing. Attached is a pic of the commutator from the ADC 8 motor I pulled out of my Swift three days ago.
It's at the motor shop, but I suspect it's not salvageable.
I'd like to know what my options are...how much do you want for the ADC 8?
(plus shipping, of course...I'm in San Diego)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The biggest problem is how to ship a motor. I don't have a wooden shipping crate and since they weigh in over 100 lb. I can't really drop them off at my local post office. If someone has input on how to ship large items I'll look into it.

I think $800 would be a fair price for a nearly new ADC 8 inch motor.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you, because I cannot legally ship Li batteries. There are legal hazardous shipping requirements to do so and I'm not a retailer and so in no position to deal with that. If you are able to pick them up I will sell them for $25 each. The braided connectors are yours for $1 each if buying cells. You can have a proven pack of 39, with 38 connectors to tie it all together for $1013, cheaper than lead! If you take all 60 at once I will sell them for $1500 and throw in all those braided connectors I have for free. The easier it is for me the better I will make it for you.

I also have older BMS modules for these cells. There are nice potted modules from EV-Power from Australia that bolt directly to the cells. The pretty much require you to top balance every cycle because they turn on at 3.65 volts. They have high and low voltage outputs for a battery management system and I used them briefly with the monitor from CleanPowerAuto. I know I have a little over 40 of them. For most of my use I ran my cells charged to a very conservative 3.45 vpc in a top balanced configuration and very carefully avoided any deep discharges, so these have all been tested but seen little use. I'm open to offers.

Which Zilla do you want? I have a 156v LV with basic hairball and a 300v HV model with hairball that handles series parallel switching and forward/reverse contactors. Both are designed for standard resistive throttle pot boxes. I'd say $1000 and $1500, LV and HV.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Where are you, because I cannot legally ship Li batteries. There are legal hazardous shipping requirements to do so and I'm not a retailer and so in no position to deal with that. If you are able to pick them up I will sell them for $25 each. The braided connectors are yours for $1 each if buying cells. You can have a proven pack of 39, with 38 connectors to tie it all together for $1013, cheaper than lead! If you take all 60 at once I will sell them for $1500 and throw in all those braided connectors I have for free. The easier it is for me the better I will make it for you.

I also have older BMS modules for these cells. There are nice potted modules from EV-Power from Australia that bolt directly to the cells. The pretty much require you to top balance every cycle because they turn on at 3.65 volts. They have high and low voltage outputs for a battery management system and I used them briefly with the monitor from CleanPowerAuto. I know I have a little over 40 of them. For most of my use I ran my cells charged to a very conservative 3.45 vpc in a top balanced configuration and very carefully avoided any deep discharges, so these have all been tested but seen little use. I'm open to offers.

Which Zilla do you want? I have a 156v LV with basic hairball and a 300v HV model with hairball that handles series parallel switching and forward/reverse contactors. Both are designed for standard resistive throttle pot boxes. I'd say $1000 and $1500, LV and HV.
I am in the Atlanta area... where are you??
I could make the drive if it’s worth it...
Say, what is the maximum discharge current for these cells?
What’s the maximum charge current?
I’m interested...
Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts

I just read your ad again... your in Washington state...
ok..

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some parts have been sold and some is still available.

1. Prestolite MTC motor still attached to a clutchless air cooled VW adapter. Pickup only in the Seattle area.

2. Zilla Z1k-LV controller and standard Hairball. Complete with cables and accessories. I can make this complete with Palm Pilot to change the settings, potbox, main fuse holder, and main contactor.

3. Manzanita Micro PFC-20 charger. This is an older one, serial number 173.

4. Todd PC20-LV isolated AC to DC converter commonly used as a 20 amp DC to DC converter for EVs. This should be used in systems that never exceed 180 volts DC and do not go below 95 volts DC. It can also be plugged into the wall to charge a 12 volt battery if you install a new plug on the power cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts