DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rewired my car to use the factory ignition key to start and turn on accessory power. It works but it is difficult to get the timing correct to activate the contactor. If I get my 'start' off the acc power, the contactor hits every time. I know there should be 'key on/engine off' power but really that is used in ICE cars.

Has anyone else applied a constant 12V power to the controller successfully? The wiring diagram for the hairball 1 just states it is a switch, just like acc power, but doesn't mention if it is momentary.

http://www.evalbum.com/3484 is the car in question. I have had an issue when the contactor seems to just open (no power to motor) under very light load, even after the precharger light goes out. Could the two be related? The previous owner had an on button and a momentary ignition switch wired into the dash but I like to use factory stuff :)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.