DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My good ole BC-20 charger has died. I tried cracking it open and fixing it, but no luck.

One thing I liked about it was it was adjustable in system voltage from 48 to 108 Volts. I have several electric vehicles. The BC-20 charger was what came with my 1977 Citicar. (Not the original charger for that vehicle.)

I've been using that charger in my 1996 Electric Geo Metro home conversion. Since it has died, I have just been using several 12V chargers - which is a pain to rig up every time I charge....

The Metro had been running 72V sealed lead acid, and I am upgrading to 108V (or maybe just 96V depending on the charger)

So, I am looking for an adjustable voltage charger that can do up to at least 96 volts. I am wondering what peoples experience with the Zivan NG1 are.

Anyone have some practical experience with that charger? Please let me know! Otherwise, if you have ever fixed a BC-20 or have an appropriate used charger for sale, let me know as well.

Thanks in advance.

-Ben Nelson
300MPG.org

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi, sorry to dig up this ancient thread, but I came across it while searching for something else.

I have a BC-20 that I don't have a use for. It's in good shape. was bought new in 1995 for an EV that went down 5 months later and it's been sitting waiting for a new home ever since.

PM me if interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts