DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well wouldn’t ya know it! I got a good deal on used stuff on e-bay but, the zivan NG3 charger that I got is wired 230volt and I really need a 110 volt unit. I know that really 230 volt is better, but the 110 volt configuration is what is available at the free charging station at work. So does any one know if a 230 volt unit ( zivan NG3) can be reconfigured to 110 volt or does anybody want to upgrade or trade me for a comparable 110 volt unit?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ive got several possible 110 chargers I am not using and I do like the 220V zivan's. But I (we) need more information. How is the zivan configured and for what chem? (is its set up for 13 lead acid batteries or 50 lifepo4 cells etc.) What did you need in the way of a 110 charger?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, it's configured for pb batts, 230v 19 amp input, I'm not sure about my 110v needs probably no hight then 20 amp input and pb charging cycles ( 120v). thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Why not keep it and use it as an out of the car charger for charging faster at home and then get a 110 one for an on board charger for every where else. A dual setup would be fine.

Pete :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts